TED演讲:恐惧核能是怎样伤害环境的(7)

So what about the other reactors? There's a reactor that's coming online now, they're starting to sell it.

换作反应堆呢?现在有一款即将完成的反应堆,它即将开始售卖。

It's a high-temperature gas reactor. It can't melt down.

这是一个高温气体反应堆。它不会融化。

But it's really big and bulky, that's part of the safety,

但是为了安全性考虑,它的体积巨大且笨重。

and nobody thinks it's going to ever get cheaper than the reactors that we have.

而且没有人认为它会变得比其他反应堆更便宜。

The ones that use waste as fuel are really cool ideas, but the truth is, we don't actually know how to do that yet.

那个把废物当燃料的反应堆是挺炫酷的,但真相是,我们还不确定要怎样实现。

There's some risk that you'll actually make more waste,

有风险还会产生更多的废料,

and most people think that if you're including that waste part of the process,

大多数人认为,如果算上反应过程中的废物的话,

it's just going to make the whole machine a lot more expensive, it's just adding another complicated step.

这台机器其实相当昂贵,过程反而变得更加复杂。

The truth is, there's real questions about how much of that we're going to do.

事实上,真正的问题是我们应该在核能问题上走多远。

I mean, we went to India and asked about the nuclear program.

我的意思是,我们去了印度,并问了他们核电项目的相关问题。

The government said before the Paris climate talks that they were going to do something like 30 new nuclear plants.

政府说在巴黎气候会议之前,他们打算建造30个新的核电站。

But when we got there and interviewed people and even looked at the internal documents, they're now saying they're going to do about five.

但是当我们到印度采访当地人,甚至查看了内部文件,他们说现在只建造了5个。

And in most of the world, especially the rich world, they're not talking about building new reactors.

而且世界上绝大部分,特别是那些富裕国家,他们没有建造新核电站的想法,

We're actually talking about taking reactors down before their lifetimes are over.

反而在谈论拆毁那些还未达到使用年限的核电站。

Germany's actually pressuring its neighbors to do that.

德国正在给邻国施压,让他们拆毁核电站。

I mentioned the United States — we could lose half of our reactors over the next 15 years,

当我们谈到美国,我们可能在未来15年间失去一半的核反应堆,

which would wipe out 40 percent of the emissions reductions we're supposed to get under the Clean Power Plan.

这可能增加40%的排放量,那些本应由清洁能源计划承担的减排量。

Of course, in Japan, they took all their nuclear plants offline, replaced them with coal, natural gas, oil burning,

当然,在日本,它们把所有的核电站都报废了,并全部由煤炭,天然气和石油代替,

and they're only expected to bring online about a third to two-thirds.

而且他们只计划重新使用其中的三分之一到三分之二。

NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

NSDA认证项目SDcamps全国英语演讲大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招部分省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA赛事。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。
具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn

微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据