TED演讲:为什么头盔不能预防脑震荡?(1)

The word concussion evokes a fear these days more so than it ever has, and I know this personally.

“脑震荡”一词从未引起过如此之大的恐慌,我自己也患过脑震荡,

I played 10 years of football, was struck in the head thousands of times.

我曾打过十年橄榄球,数千次被球打中脑袋,

And I have to tell you, though, what was much worse than that was a pair of bike accidents I had where I suffered concussions,

但我可以告诉你,自行车事故中我遭受的脑震荡要更为严重,

and I'm still dealing with the effects of the most recent one today as I stand in front of you.

现如今当我站在你面前时,我还在从最近的那次脑震荡中恢复

There is a fear around concussion that does have some evidence behind it.

对脑震荡的恐惧,有些是有道理的,

There is information that a repeated history of concussion can lead to early dementia,

有证据表明,反复多次脑震荡,会导致早期痴呆,

such as Alzheimer's, and chronic traumatic encephalopathy.

比如阿耳茨海默氏病,也会导致慢性的创伤性脑病,

That was the subject of the Will Smith movie "Concussion."

这是威尔·史密斯主演的电影《震荡效应》的主题,

And so everybody is caught up in football and what they see in the military,

几乎每个人在橄榄球比赛中,或是在部队里,都会遭受脑震荡,

but you may not know that bike riding is the leading cause of concussion for kids, sports-related concussion, that is.

但你可能不知道,对孩子们而言,骑自行车才是脑震荡的主要成因,即运动相关脑震荡,

And so another thing that I should tell you that you may not know is that

我还想告诉在座各位一件事,你们或许也不知道,

the helmets that are worn in bicycling and football and many activities,

诸如自行车和橄榄球等运动,所规定佩戴的头盔,

they're not designed or tested for how well they can protect your children against concussion.

并不是为了防止或减轻脑震荡而设计的,

They're in fact designed and tested for their ability to protect against skull fracture.

事实上,此类头盔的目的在于保护头骨,预防头骨骨折。

NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

NSDA认证项目SDcamps全国英语演讲大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招部分省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA赛事。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。
具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn

微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据