扎克伯格2017哈佛毕业演讲(10)

And yes, giving everyone the freedom to pursue purpose isn't gonna be free.

是的,赋予每个人追求目标的自由,这并不是免费的。

People like me should pay for it.

像我这样的人理应为此付费。

And a lot of you gonna do really well and you should too.

在你们之中,许多人都会做得很好,当然,你们也有义务去做好。

That is why Priscilla and I started the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative and committed our wealth to promoting equal opportunity.

这也是为什么当初普莉希拉和我启动了Chan Zuckerberg Initiative,并承诺要用我们的财富去促进机会的平等。

These are the values of our whole generation.

这些是我们这代人的价值。

who was never a question of if we were gonna do this.

“要不要这样做”从来都不是问题,

The only question was when.

唯一的问题是“什么时候去做”。

Millennials are already one of the most charitable generations in history.

千禧一代已经是历史上最慈善的一代人之一了。

In just one year, more than three in four US millennials donated to charity and more than seven in ten raised money for another one.

千禧一代的美国人仅在一年中,四个人里就有三个人以上的人会为慈善募捐,十个人里就有七个以上的人会为他人募捐。

But it's not just about giving money. You can also give time.

不仅限于金钱,你也可以奉献你的时间。

And I promise you, if you just take an hour or two a week,

我在这里向你保证,如果你可以每周就花一两个小时去奉献和帮助,

that's all it takes to give someone a hand, to help them reach their potential.

就会有一个人因此获得帮助,甚至实现他们以前不可能实现的目标。

Now, maybe you're thinking that's a lot of time, I'm not sure if I have that much time. I used to think that.

或许你觉得这太花时间了,我不敢保证我会有那么多的时间。我曾经也这么认为。

You know, when Priscilla graduated from Harvard she became a teacher,

当普莉希拉从哈佛毕业后,她成了一名老师,

and before she'd do education work with me, she told me that I needed to get my own experience teaching a class.

在她和我一起投身教育行业之前,她告诉我,我需要去得到教授一门课的经历。

At first, I complained: "you know, I'm kind of busy. I'm running this company."

开始我抱怨道:“好吧,可是我很忙啊,我得经营脸书啊。”

But she insisted, so I taught an after-school program at the local Boys and Girls Club about entrepreneurship.

但是她坚持让我去教课,所以我就在当地的男孩女孩俱乐部教授了一门关于创业精神的课后课程。

I taught those kids lessons on product development and marketing, and

我教他们在产品开发和市场营销中应当吸取的教训,

they taught me what it was like growing up feeling targeted for your race and what it's like having a family member in prison.

从他们身上,我感受到了当自己从小到大因为自己的种族而受到攻击、或有家庭成员身陷囹圄时的感受。

马克·扎克伯格在哈佛大学2017年366届毕业典礼上发表演讲。演讲中谈到创业建议、对自己恋情回顾、建立平等平权的新型社会以及创造一个人人都有目标的世界的三种方式等话题。

NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

NSDA认证项目SDcamps全国英语演讲大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招部分省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA赛事。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。
具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn

微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据