扎克伯格2017哈佛毕业演讲(11)

I shared stories of my time in school, and they shared their hope that one day they would get to go to college too.

我向他们分享了我读书时的故事,他们分享了对走进大学深造的渴望。

For five years, I’ve had dinner with those students every month.

五年来,我每个月都会和那些学生一起共进一次晚餐。

One of them even threw Priscilla and me our first baby shower.

其中有一个孩子,甚至为我与普莉希拉的第一个宝宝的出生,举办了宝宝洗礼派对。

And next year they’re gonna college.

明年,这些孩子们都要上大学了,

Every one of them. First generation in their families.

是的,他们每一个都要上大学了,而且他们都将骄傲地成为自己家族里第一名大学生。

We can all make time to give someone a hand.

花一点时间,去帮助其他人,这是我们每个人都可以做到的。

Let's give everyone the freedom to pursue purpose — not just because it's the right thing to do,

让我们通过此举,让每个人都有实现人生目标的自由——不仅因为这样做是正确的,

but because when more people can turn their dreams into something great, we're all better for it.

更是因为当人们可以把梦想变为伟大的现实时,我们每个人都会变得更好。

Purpose doesn't only come from work.

“目标”不仅来自于工作。

The third way we can create a sense of purpose for everyone is by building community.

去实现“让每个人都有活的有目标”的第三种方式是建立社区。

And our generation, when we says purpose for "everyone", we mean everyone in the world.

而当我们这一代人说“让每个人都有活的有目标”的时候,我们指的是——世界上的每一个人。

Now, quick show of hands: how many of you here are from another country?

现在来做一个调查:你们有多少人来自美国之外其他国家?

And now keep your hands up. Now, how many of you are friends with one of these folks?

不要放下你们的手,你们中有多少人是他们的朋友?

Now we're talking, See we have grown up connected.

看到了吗?我们出生在一个互联的世界。

In a recent survey of millennials around the world, asking what most defines our identity,

在最近一项调查中,世界各地的80后90后被要求选择自己认同的身份,

the most popular answer wasn't nationality, ethnicity or religion, it was "citizen of the world". That's a big deal.

最流行的答案不是国籍,种族或宗教,而是“世界公民”。这是一个标志性的事件。

Every generation expands the circle of people we consider "one of us".

每一代人都扩大了我们认同的“自己人”。

And in our generation, that now includes the whole world.

而对我们这代来说,它现在涵盖了整个世界。

马克·扎克伯格在哈佛大学2017年366届毕业典礼上发表演讲。演讲中谈到创业建议、对自己恋情回顾、建立平等平权的新型社会以及创造一个人人都有目标的世界的三种方式等话题。

NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

NSDA认证项目SDcamps全国英语演讲大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招部分省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA赛事。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。
具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn

微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据