TED演讲:为掌握而不是为了分数而教学(6)

But what if that estimate is just based on your own experience in a non-mastery framework,

但假如那些判断仅仅是基于你们“非掌握体系”的个人经验,

your own experience with yourself or observing your peers,

是基于你们的自身经历或仅是对周围人的观察而已呢?

where you're being pushed at this set pace through classes, accumulating all these gaps?

或是基于被迫跟从课堂进度,不断积累漏洞情况的呢?

Even when you got that 95 percent, what was that five percent you missed?

即使你掌握了95%的知识,那剩下的5%呢?

And it keeps accumulating — you get to an advanced class, all of a sudden you hit a wall and say,

漏洞持续积累,直到进入高等课堂,突然碰壁,然后你们说:

"I'm not meant to be a cancer researcher; not meant to be a physicist; not meant to be a mathematician."

“我生来就不是个癌症研究人员,我不是做物理学家的料,我当不了数学家。”

I suspect that that actually is the case, but if you were allowed to be operating in a mastery framework,

我认为这就是现实情况。但当我们能够从掌握知识的视角去审视,

if you were allowed to really take agency over your learning,

如果我们能够从培养学习动力的角度来看,

and when you get something wrong, embrace it — view that failure as a moment of learning

当我们做错题目的时候,我们把这种失败当作学习的一部分坦然接受,

that number, the percent that could really master calculus or understand organic chemistry, is actually a lot closer to 100 percent.

那真正掌握微积分或者有机化学的人数比例就会接近100%了。

And this isn't even just a "nice to have." I think it's a social imperative.

而其意义并不仅仅在于锦上添花。我认为这是社会进化的必然过程。

We're exiting what you could call the industrial age and we're going into this information revolution.

用你们的话来说,我们正处于一个工业时代,而我们正在进入信息革命的时代。

And it's clear that some things are happening. In the industrial age, society was a pyramid.

很明确的是,一些变化正在发生。在工业时代,社会是一个金字塔。

At the base of the pyramid, you needed human labor.

在金字塔底端,我们需要的是人力。

In the middle of the pyramid, you had an information processing, a bureaucracy class,

在金字塔中间,我们需要处理信息,所以有官僚特权阶层,

and at the top of the pyramid, you had your owners of capital and your entrepreneurs and your creative class.

等到了顶端,就会是那些资本家,企业家,还有创新人群。

But we know what's happening already, as we go into this information revolution.

但当我们进入信息革命的那一刻,我们就知道将要发生什么事了。

The bottom of that pyramid, automation, is going to take over.

在金字塔底端,自动化将取代人力。

Even that middle tier, information processing, that's what computers are good at.

甚至中间层信息处理的这一段计算机做的都比他们好。

你愿意在半吊子的地基上建房子吗?当然不。那为什么我们要催促那些连基础知识还没掌握的学生去匆匆完成教育呢?这诚然复杂,但教育家萨尔曼·汗向我们分享了他的计划,协助学生依据自己的进度来掌握知识,从而完成从“学渣”到“专家”的完美反转。

NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

NSDA认证项目SDcamps全国英语演讲大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招部分省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA赛事。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。
具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn

微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据