TED演讲:为什么我们需要与陌生人交流(5)

So imagine you're at a party, and you can't believe that your friend or your spouse

假设你在参加派对,你无法接受你的朋友或者是配偶,

isn't picking up on it that you want to leave early.

竟然没有注意到你想要早点离开。

And you're thinking, "I gave you the look."

你会想,“我向你使过眼色了。”

With a stranger, we have to start from scratch.

对待陌生人的时候,我们就需要从零开始。

We tell the whole story, we explain who the people are, how we feel about them;

我们要讲清前因后果,我们会解释都有哪些人,以及我们对他们的看法;

we spell out all the inside jokes. And guess what?

我们会解释清楚笑点在哪里。猜猜结果是什么?

Sometimes they do understand us a little better. OK.

有时候他们确实能更好的理解我们。好的。

So now that we know that talking to strangers matters, how does it work?

现在我们知道与陌生人的交流关系重大,但是为什么会这样呢?

There are unwritten rules we tend to follow.

我们会遵循一些约定俗成的规矩,

The rules are very different depending on what country you're in, what culture you're in.

这些规矩会因为你所在的国家和文化背景有所差异。

In most parts of the US, the baseline expectation in public

在美国大多数地方,公共交流的底线是

is that we maintain a balance between civility and privacy.

我们要维持礼貌和隐私的平衡。

This is known as civil inattention.

也就是我们说的“礼节性疏忽”。

So, imagine two people are walking towards each other on the street.

想象两个人在街道上面对面走近。

They'll glance at each other from a distance. That's the civility, the acknowledgment.

他们会远距离观察对方。这是礼节,是对他人的认可。

And then as they get closer, they'll look away, to give each other some space.

但是随着他们走近彼此,他们会移开视线,目的就是给对方一些个人空间。

In other cultures, people go to extraordinary lengths not to interact at all.

在其他文化中,人们会尽力避免跟其他人有任何接触。

People from Denmark tell me that many Danes are so averse to talking to strangers,

丹麦的朋友告诉我,很多丹麦人不愿意和陌生人讲话,

that they would rather miss their stop on the bus than say "excuse me" to someone that they need to get around.

以至于他们宁愿坐过站也不愿意对别人说“接过”,好腾出地方让自己下车。

Instead, there's this elaborate shuffling of bags

他们只会通过故意移动背包

and using your body to say that you need to get past, instead of using two words.

和肢体语言来告诉别人他们需要借过,而不是用简单的两个单词。

我们一直来受到的教育是"不要和陌生人说话,陌生人是危险的",本期TED演讲者Kio Stark女士却对这一观点提出质疑。她的经历和观察告诉了她:如果我们能够推翻对陌生人的成见会带来意想不到的惊喜。让我们终止无数的猜忌,创造一个更美好的世界吧!

NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

NSDA认证项目SDcamps全国英语演讲大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招部分省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA赛事。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。
具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn

微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据