TED演讲之说什么 单词的诞生(8)

We've started analyzing television content using the same principles —

我们开始分析电视内容,用同样的原则–

analyzing event structure of a TV signal —

分析一个电视信号的事件结构–

episodes of shows, commercials, all of the components that make up the event structure.

电视剧集,广告,所有的组成事件结构的成分

And we're now, with satellite dishes, pulling and analyzing a good part of all the TV being watched in the United States.

我们现在通过卫星电视,抽出分析了在美国高收视率的电视节目

And you don't have to now go and instrument living rooms with microphones to get people's conversations,

你不再需要把麦克风装在起居室里来记录人们的对话

you just tune into publicly available social media feeds.

你只要去听公开的社交媒体讯息就可以了

So we're pulling in about three billion comments a month, and then the magic happens.

我们每个月抽出大概30亿个评论,奇迹发生了

You have the event structure, the common ground that the words are about, coming out of the television feeds;

这中间可以找到事件结构,这些词汇的共同基础,那些从这次电视讯息里透露出的反馈

you've got the conversations that are about those topics; and through semantic analysis

你得到有关这些话题的对话,通过语意分析

and this is actually real data you're looking at from our data processing

你们看到的这个是根据我们的数据处理过后的真实的数据结果

each yellow line is showing a link being made between a comment in the wild and a piece of event structure coming out of the television signal.

每条黄线显示一个链接,连接着外界的评论和电视信号发出的事件结构间的关系

And the same idea now can be built up.

这都是用同样的思路构建起来的

And we get this wordscape, except now words are not assembled in my living room.

我们得到了这个词汇背景,不过现在词汇不是从我的客厅里来的。

Instead, the context, the common ground activities, are the content on television that's driving the conversations.

取而代之的情境,共同基础活动,是电视内容带动的对话

And what we're seeing here, these skyscrapers now, are commentary that are linked to content on television.

我们现在看到的这些高耸的结构都是电视评论,它们跟电视上播放的内容联系着

Same concept, but looking at communication dynamics in a very different sphere.

同样的概念,但是你们看见的是它在不同的领域展现的交流动态。

演讲简介

麻省理工大学的研究员戴·罗伊希望了解他的初生儿子是怎样学习语言的,因此他在家里四处装置了摄像机捕捉儿子成长的几乎每一刻,然后将9万小时的家庭录像进行分析,观察“gaaaa”渐渐转变成“水”的过程。这一惊人的资料丰富的研究对帮助我们了解人类是如果学习起到了深远的作用。

NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

NSDA认证项目SDcamps全国英语演讲大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招部分省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA赛事。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。
具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn

微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据