TED演讲:通过卫星追寻秘鲁遗落的文明(3)

So here's the cool part.

接下来是极棒的部分。

My team, headed up by Chase Childs, is already beginning to look at some of the satellite imagery.

由蔡斯·蔡尔兹带领的我们的团队,已经开始着眼于部分卫星图像。

Of course, what you can see here is 0.3-meter data.

当然你能看到的是0.3米长的资料。

This is site called Chan Chan in northern Peru. It dates to 850 AD.

这一地点位于秘鲁北部,名叫昌昌古城。它的历史追溯到公元850年。

It's a really amazing city, but let's zoom in.

它是座神奇的城市,但让我们再放大观察。

This is the type and quality of data that you all will get to see.

这是你们都会见到的资料。

You can see individual structures, individual buildings.

你会见到独特的结构,独特的建筑。

And we've already begun to find previously unknown sites.

我们已经开始找寻掩埋在历史中的那些未知地点。

What we can say already is that as part of the platform,

我们可以保证的是作为平台的一部分,

you will all help discover thousands of previously unknown sites,

你们会为发现数以万计的未知地点献出自己的一份力,

like this one here, and this potentially large one here.

就像这里的这一处,在这里也许有一处规模巨大的古城。

Unfortunately, we've also begun to uncover large-scale looting at sites, like what you see here.

令人痛心的是,我们也逐渐发掘出这些古城中遗落的大量宝物,就像你看见的这样。

So many sites in Peru are threatened, but the great part is that all of this data

秘鲁的许多古城正面临着威胁。值得庆幸的是,所有的这些资料

is going to be shared with archaeologists on the front lines of protecting these sites.

将会与前线的考古专家共享,来保护这些古城。

So I was just in Peru, meeting with their Minister of Culture as well as UNESCO.

不久前,我来到了秘鲁,与文化部部长会面,也和联合国教科文组织交流。

We'll be collaborating closely with them.

我们将会和他们进行紧密的合作。

Just so you all know, the site is going to be in both English and Spanish,

所以你们都会知道,该地将会使用英语和西班牙语两种语言,

which is absolutely essential to make sure that people in Peru and across Latin America can participate.

这样就确保了秘鲁以及拉丁美洲的人们也可以加入到我们的计划。

Our main project coprincipal investigator is the gentleman you see here,

我们主项目的合作主要调查者是你们见到的这位

Dr. Luis Jaime Castillo, professor at Catholic University.

路易斯·杰米·卡斯蒂略博士,是天主教大学的教授。

As a respected Peruvian archaeologist and former vice-minister,

作为一位令人尊敬的秘鲁考古学家,同时也是前任副部长,

Dr. Castillo will be helping us coordinate and share the data with archaeologists

卡斯蒂略博士将帮助我们与考古学家们进行协同合作与资源共享

so they can explore these sites on the ground.

所以他们能够对地面上这些古城进行探索。

在全世界范围内,数以千万的遗落古城掩埋在视野之外。卫星考古学家萨拉·帕卡克决心在盗掠者之前发现它们。

NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

NSDA认证项目SDcamps全国英语演讲大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招部分省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA赛事。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。
具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn

微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据