TED演讲:非洲该怎样继续前进(6)

The first was that even though we grew, we didn't create enough jobs.

一,虽然我们进步,我们却没有创造足够的就业岗位。

We didn't create jobs for our youth.

我们没有为我们的年轻人创造就业岗位。

Youth unemployment on the continent is about 15 percent, and underemployment is a serious problem.

在非洲,失业青年大概占15%,而就业不足是一个非常严重的问题。

The second thing that we did is that the quality of growth was not good enough.

二,发展质量不高。

Even those jobs we created were low-productivity jobs,

就连那些我们已经创造了的就业岗位,也只是低生产率岗位,

so we moved people from low-productivity agriculture

因此我们只是把人们从低生产率的农业

to low-productivity commerce and working in the informal sector in the urban areas.

转移到了低生产率的商业,而且还是在城市的非正式部门工作。

The third thing is that inequality increased. So we created more billionaires.

三,贫富悬殊差距扩大。我们造就了更多亿万富翁。

50 billionaires worth 96 billion dollars own more wealth than the bottom 75 million people on the continent.

50个亿万富翁,身价960亿美元,拥有比这个大陆上7500万底层人民更多的财富。

Poverty, the proportion of people in poverty — that's the fourth thing — did decrease,

贫困,贫困人口比例——这是我要说的第四件事——确实下降了,

but the absolute numbers did not because of population growth.

但是因为人口增长,实际人数并没有降低。

And population growth is something that we don't have enough of a dialogue about on the continent.

人口增长是一个在非洲大陆上还没有好好讨论过的话题。

And I think we will need to get a handle on it, particularly how we educate girls.

而我认为我们有需要去解决这个问题,尤其是我们如何教育女孩子们。

That is the road to really working on this particular issue.

那才是真正解决这个特殊问题的方法。

The fifth thing is that we didn't invest enough in infrastructure.

五,基础设施投入不足。

We had investment from the Chinese. That helped some countries, but it's not enough.

我们从中国那里获得了资助。这帮助了部分国家,可却远远不够。

The consumption of electricity in Africa on the continent in Sub-Saharan Africa is equivalent to Spain.

在非洲的撒哈拉以南地区,耗电量相当于西班牙。

The total consumption is equivalent to that of Spain.

整体的耗电量相当于西班牙。

So many people are living in the dark,

这意味着很多人生活在黑暗中,

and as the President of the African Development Bank said recently, Africa cannot develop in the dark.

就如非洲发展银行行长最近说的,“非洲不能在黑暗中前行”。

经济学家和前财政部长恩戈齐·奥孔乔-伊韦拉说:“非洲的发展是一个趋势,而不是偶然。”在这份相当坦率且直截了当的演讲中,奥孔乔-伊韦拉描述了这片大陆上的积极进展,并概述了非洲国家为创造一个更美好的未来仍需解决的八个挑战。

NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

NSDA认证项目SDcamps全国英语演讲大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招部分省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA赛事。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。
具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn

微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据