TED演讲之感动重临 凌晨4点(5)

And folks, you can buy a copy of Bill Clinton's "My Life" from the bookstore here at TED.

朋友们,你可以买一本比尔克林顿的《我的人生》,就在这里的TED书店里。

Parse it cover to cover for whatever hidden references you want.

你可以从头到尾地找你想找的暗示,

Or you can go to the Random House website where there is this excerpt.

你也可以去兰登书屋网站找到这段节选,

And how far down into it you figure we'll have to scroll to get to the golden ticket?

你猜猜我们得翻多久才能找到“金色入场券”?

Would you believe about a dozen paragraphs?

你相信吗?大概就翻十几段:

This is page 474 on your paperbacks if you're following along:

在平装版的474页,往下找:

"Though it was getting better, I still wasn't satisfied with the inaugural address.

“虽然就职演说稿已经改得蛮好了,我还不是很满意。

My speechwriters must have been tearing their hair out

我的撰稿人一定在抓头发了

because as we worked between one and four in the morning on Inauguration Day, I was still changing it."

因为我们从早上一点到凌晨四点一直在改,就在就职的当天我还在改。”

Sure you were, because you've prepared your entire life for this historic quadrennial event that just sort of sneaks up on you.

当然了,你一生都在准备被迫接受这个降临到你头上的四年一度的历史性时刻。

And then — three paragraphs later we get this little beauty:

然而,三段以后我们发现了这个微妙之处:

"We went back to Blair House to look at the speech for the last time. It had gotten a lot better since 4 a.m."

“我们回到布莱尔宫最后看一遍讲稿。凌晨4点以后,讲稿修改得好多了。”

Well, how could it have?

噢,怎么可能呢?

By his own writing, this man was either asleep,

这可是他自己写的,要么他在打瞌睡,

at a prayer meeting with Al and Tipper or learning how to launch a nuclear missile out of a suitcase.

或者和Al和Tipper在祈祷,或者在学怎样用手提箱启动核武器

演讲简介

诗人Rives用一段8分钟的抒情折纸,将一系列历史的巧合折叠到最让人震惊的一刻:凌晨4点。

NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

NSDA认证项目SDcamps全国英语演讲大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招部分省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA赛事。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。
具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn

微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据