奥巴马每周电视讲话:在经济进展的基础上继续努力(2)

And when Republicans in Congress didn't act,

在国会的共和党人没有采取行动时,

we used our executive authority to – Extend overtime coverage for over 4 million workers – boosting their wages by $12 billion over the next decade.

我们使用我们的行政授权–让400多万员工获得了加班工资–在下一个10年里他们的工资将增加$120亿。

We've given additional paid sick leave to more than 1.1 million workers employed by federal contractors

我们也让受雇于联邦承包商的110多万员工获得了额外的带薪病假

and we're requiring that those workers earn at least $10.10 per hour.

我们正要求这些员工的最低小时工资标准是$10。10。

Help to close the pay gap by fighting back against pay discrimination;

通过反对支付歧视,来致力于填补支付空白;

making salaries more transparent – so employees know what others are making doing the same job.

让工资更加透明–因此雇员们知道同样的工作其他人能挣到多少。

We've closed the pay gap between men and women by 10 percent.

我们已经填补了男女员工间10%的薪水差异。

Not nearly enough – but it's a start.

不是已经足够了,而仅仅是刚刚开始。

And we also called on cities and states to act across the country,

我们也呼吁全国各城市,各州来行动,

and mayors and governors are leading the way to raise the minimum wage.

市长们,州长们在提高最低工资标准上在起到引领作用。

Since the President's call to action to increase the nation's minimum wage back in 2013,

自2013年总统呼吁提高最低工资标准开始,

every state from my state of Delaware and 18 others – and 55 cities – have raised their own minimum wage.

每一个州,从我的特拉华州和18个其他的州–以及55个城市–已经提高了他们的最低工资标准。

From Alaska to California, Nebraska to Florida – workers now have a shot at a paycheck they can actually live on and cut out of poverty.

从阿拉斯加到加利福尼亚,从内布拉斯加到佛罗里达–员工们现在都有可以依赖其进行生活的薪资水平,并摆脱贫困。

NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

NSDA认证项目SDcamps全国英语演讲大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招部分省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA赛事。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。
具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn

微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据