TED演讲:在垃圾之城创造50栋建筑的彩绘(2)

The Zaraeeb, that's how they call themselves, which means the pig breeders,

照片上的这个人所代表的是自称“Zaraeeb”的一个群体,意思是猪的饲养者

have been collecting the garbage of Cairo and sorting it in their own neighborhood for decades.

他们一直在开罗收集垃圾,而且已经在各自的社区整理了数十年。

They have developed one of the most efficient and highly profitable systems on a global level.

他们已经开发了在全球水平范围内最高效,最高利润的系统

Still, the place is perceived as dirty, marginalized and segregated

但即便如此,这个地方仍旧被视为肮脏的,被边缘化的隔离区

because of their association with the trash.

因为他们与这些垃圾的紧密关系

So my initial idea was to create an anamorphic piece,

所以我最初的想法是创建一个变形模块

a piece that you can only see from one vantage point.

一个你只能从一个有力的角度来看的模块

I wanted to challenge myself artistically by painting over several buildings

我想通过在几座建筑上作画来挑战我自己在艺术上的作为

and having it only fully visible from one point on the Muqattam Mountain.

并使人们在Muqattam山上能看到其全景的方式

The Muqattam Mountain is the pride of the community.

Muqattam山是全社区的骄傲

This is where they built the St. Simon Monastery,

这是他们建立圣西蒙修道院的地方

a 10,000-seat cave church that they carved into the mountain itself.

一个内部有10000坐席的洞穴教堂

So, the first time I stood on top of the mountain and I looked at the neighborhood,

我第一次站在山顶时,俯瞰着整个社区

I asked myself, how on earth will I convince all those owners to let me paint on their buildings?

我问我自己,如何才能说服那些房屋的主人,让他们允许我在其建筑上画画呢?

And then Magd came. Magd is a guide from the Church.

后来Magd来了。Magd是教堂的向导

He told me the only person I needed to convince was Father Samaan, who is the leader of the community.

他告诉我,我唯一要去说服的人是神父Samaan,他是这个社区的领导

But to convince Father Samaan, I needed to convince Mario,

但是想要说服他,我要先说服Mario

who is a Polish artist who moved to Cairo 20 years ago and who created all the artwork of the Cave Church.

他是20年前搬到开罗的波兰艺术家,他创建了所有在洞穴教堂的艺术品

I am really grateful to Mario. He was the key of the project.

我非常感激Mario,他是我这个项目的关键

He managed to get me a meeting with Father Samaan, and surprisingly, he loved the idea.

他帮我约见了神父Samaan,惊奇的是,他很喜欢我的想法

He asked me about where I painted before and how I will make it happen.

他问我以前在哪儿作过画,以及我将如何实现这个计划

And he was mainly concerned by what I was going to write.

他最关心的是我要写的内容。

由于养猪大户的聚集,把埃及的亚特纳赛尔变成了“垃圾之城”。这里臭味熏天,垃圾遍布大街小巷。但最终都被这个艺术家通过艺术美化了那个贫穷而被人忽视的城市。

NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

NSDA认证项目SDcamps全国英语演讲大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招部分省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA赛事。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。
具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn

微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据