曼德拉1994年就职演说

9. Mandela 1994 Inaugural Address

9. 曼德拉1994年就职演说

We are both humbled and elevated by the honour and privilege that you, the people of South Africa, have bestowed on us,

对于南非的人民能授予我们这个荣耀和特权我感到非常荣耀与喜悦,

as the first President of a united, democratic, non-racial and non-sexist South Africa, to lead our country out of the valley of darkness.

让我能够成为这个统一的,民主的,没有种族歧视,没有性别歧视的南非的第一任总统,并且领导我们的国家走出黑暗的低谷。

The time for the healing of the wounds has come.

治愈创伤的时候已经来临。

The moment to bridge the chasms that divide us has come.

西安、消除分隔我们的鸿沟的时刻已经来临。

The time to build is upon us.

创建的时机就在眼前。

We have, at last, achieved our political emancipation.

我们终于取得了政治解放。

We pledge ourselves to liberate all our people from the continuing bondage of poverty, deprivation,

我们承诺,会将依然陷于贫穷、剥削、苦难、

suffering, gender and other discrimination.

受着性别及其他歧视的国人解放出来。

We succeeded to take our last steps to freedom in conditions of relative peace.

我们已经成功地在相对和平的情况下实现了自由。

We commit ourselves to the construction of a complete, just and lasting peace.

我们承诺要构建一个完整、公正、持久的和平环境。

We have triumphed in the effort to implant hope in the breasts of the millions of our people.

我们已成功地让我们千千万万的国人的心中燃起希望。

We enter into a covenant that we shall build the society in which all South Africans, both black and white, will be able to walk tall,

我们立下誓约,要建立一个让所有南非人,不论是黑人还是白人,都可以昂首阔步的社会。

Without any fear in their hearts, assured of their inalienable right to human dignity——a rainbow nation at peace with itself and the world.

他们心中不再有恐惧,他们可以肯定自己拥有不可剥夺的人类尊严——这是一个在国内及与其他各国之间都保持和平的美好国度。

As a token of its commitment to the renewal of our country, the new Interim Government of National Unity will,

作为我国致力更新的证明,新的全国统一过渡政府的当务之急

as a matter of urgency, address the issue of amnesty for various categories of our people who are currently serving terms of imprisonment.

是处理目前在狱中服刑囚犯的特赦问题。

We dedicate this day to all the heroes and heroines in this country and the rest of the world

我们将今天献给为我们的自由而献出生命

who sacrificed in many ways and surrendered their lives so that we could be free .

和做出牺牲的我国以至世界其他地方的英雄们。

Their dreams have become reality.

他们的理想现已成真,

Freedom is their reward.

自由就是他们的报酬。

NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

NSDA认证项目SDcamps全国英语演讲大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招部分省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA赛事。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。
具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn

微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据