TED演讲:女性崛起的新数据(4)

So they spread out all the census data,

他们分析了所有的人口统计数据,

and what they found, the guy described to me as a shocker,

他们发现,他的描述对我而言是一个震惊,

which is that in 1,997 out of 2,000 communities,

在一九九七年,两千个社区中,

women, young women, were making more money than young men.

女性,年轻女性比年轻男性挣得更多。

So here you have a generation of young women who grow up thinking of themselves

这一代的年轻女性在“她们是

as being more powerful earners than the young men around them.

比其周围年轻男性更强大的挣钱者”的想法中成长。

Now, I've just laid out the picture for you,

现在,我仅仅将这些画面展示给你,

but I still haven't explained to you why this is happening.

我还未向你们解释为什么这些事情会发生。

And in a moment, I'm going to show you a graph,

过一会,我将向你们展示一个图表,

and what you'll see on this graph — it begins in 1973,

你可以从这个图表中看到–从一九七三年开始,

just before women start flooding the workforce, and it brings us up to our current day.

在女性充斥劳动力市场之前转移到今天。

And basically what you'll see is what economists talk about as the polarization of the economy.

基本上你看到的就是经济学家谈论的经济两极分化。

Now what does that mean?

这表明了什么呢?

It means that the economy is dividing into high-skill, high-wage jobs and low-skill, low-wage jobs

这表明经济被分为高技术、高薪工作和低技术、低薪工作–

and that the middle, the middle-skill jobs, and the middle-earning jobs, are starting to drop out of the economy.

在这中间,中等技术工作,中薪工作正愈消亡。

This has been going on for 40 years now.

这已经持续发生了四十年。

But this process is affecting men very differently than it's affecting women.

但是这个过程对男人和女人的影响是十分不同的。

You'll see the women in red, and you'll see the men in blue.

红色的是女人,蓝色的是男人。

You'll watch them both drop out of the middle class,

你可以看到他们都从中产阶级中脱离出来,

but see what happens to women and see what happens to men. There we go.

但是看看女人发生了什么,男人又发生了什么变化。这就对了。

So watch that. You see them both drop out of the middle class.

看那个,你看到他们都从中产阶级中脱离出来。

Watch what happens to the women. Watch what happens to the men.

看看女人发生了什么变化,男人又发生了什么变化。

The men sort of stagnate there, while the women zoom up in those high-skill jobs.

男人在这里似乎停滞了,但女人急涨至高技术工作中。

So what's that about?

到底怎么回事?

汉娜.罗森回顾了表明女性在某些重要领域超越男性的一些显著的新数据,例如大学毕业率。这些不仅以美国为中心还在整个世界都流行的趋势是否预示着“男性时代的结束”?也许并非如此—但这些表明社会变化的数据值得揣摩。

NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

NSDA认证项目SDcamps全国英语演讲大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招部分省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA赛事。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。
具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn

微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据