奥巴马每周电视讲话:总统庆贺国家公园管理局设立100周年(2)
We're revitalizing a grove of giant Sequoias in Yosemite; repairing the Lincoln Memorial;
我们将重新开放优诗美地的巨杉树林;修缮林肯纪念堂;
and enhancing the iconic entrance to our first national park at Yellowstone.
加固通往黄石的第一个国家公园的标志性入口。
As President, I'm proud to have built upon America's tradition of conservation.
作为总统,我对能尽力保护美国的传统而感到自豪。
We've protected more than 265 million acres of public lands and waters – more than any administration in history.
我们已经保护了超过2.65 亿英亩的公共土地和水域,多于历史上任何一届政府。
We've recovered endangered wildlife species and restored vulnerable ecosystems.
我们挽救了濒危野生物种并恢复了脆弱的生态系统。
We've designated new monuments to Cesar Chavez in California, the Pullman porters in Chicago,
我们将加利福尼亚州的凯撒查韦斯、芝加哥的普尔曼搬运工纪念馆
and the folks who stood up for equality at Stonewall in New York – to better reflect the full history of our nation.
和纽约为平等出头的石墙酒吧列入国家纪念馆,以更好地反映我们国家的历史。
And we've got more work to do to preserve our lands, culture, and history. So we're not done yet.
我们还要做更多的工作来保护我们的土地、文化和历史。我们做得还很不够。
As we look ahead, the threat of climate change means that protecting our public lands and waters is more important than ever.
展望未来,气候变化的威胁意味着保护公共土地和水资源比以往任何时候都更重要。
Rising temperatures could mean no more glaciers in Glacier National Park.
气温升高可能意味着冰川国家公园不再有冰川了。
No more Joshua Trees in Joshua Tree National Park.
约书亚树国家公园不再有约书亚树了。
Rising seas could destroy vital ecosystems in the Everglades, even threaten Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty.
海平面上升可能破坏大沼泽国家公园的重要生态系统,甚至威胁到埃利斯岛和自由女神像。
So in the coming years and decades, we have to have the foresight, and the faith in our future,
因此,在未来的几年和几十年里,我们必须具有对未来的远见和信念,
to do what it takes to protect our parks and protect our planet for generations to come.
为子孙后代保护我们的公园和我们的星球。
Because these parks belong to all of us. And they're worth celebrating – not just this year, but every year.
因为这些公园属于我们全体人民。他们是值得庆祝的,不仅是今年,而是每一年。
Thanks everybody. Have a great weekend. And see you in the parks!
谢谢大家。周末愉快。我们公园里再见!
NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。
我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。