奥巴马每周电视讲话:总统呼吁继承9.11曾经失去的财富(1)

Fifteen years ago, a September day that began like any other became one of the darkest in our nation's history.

十五年前九月的一天,如同平常的日子却成为我们国家历史上最黑暗的一天。

The Twin Towers were reduced to rubble.

双子塔变成了瓦砾堆,

The Pentagon was in flames.

五角大楼燃起了大火。

A Pennsylvania field burned with the wreckage of an airplane.

一架飞机的残骸在宾夕法尼亚田野里燃烧。

And nearly 3,000 innocent lives were lost. Sons and daughters, husbands and wives, neighbors and colleagues and friends.

近3000 无辜生命被夺去。有儿子、女儿、丈夫和妻子、邻居、同事和朋友。

They were from all walks of life, all races and religions, all colors and creeds, from across America and around the world.

他们来自各行各业,各个民族和各种宗教,肤色不同和信仰各异,来自美国和世界各地。

This weekend, we honor their memory once more.

这个周末,我们再次纪念他们。

We stand with the survivors who still bear the scars of that day.

我们和那天遭受创伤的幸存者们站在一起。

We thank the first responders who risked everything to save others.

我们感谢急救队员冒着生命危险救助他人。

And we salute a generation of Americans

我们向这一代美国人致敬,

our men and women in uniform, diplomats and our intelligence, homeland security and law enforcement professionals

我们的男女军人、外交官和情报人员、国土安全和执法人员。

who serve, and in some cases have given their lives, to help keep us safe.

他们的职责是冒着生命危险保卫我们的安全。

A lot has changed over these past 15 years.

在过去的15 年里发生了很多变化。

We've delivered devastating blows to the al Qaeda leaders that attacked us on 9/11.

我们对9.11 袭击我们的基地组织头目进行了毁灭性的打击。

We delivered justice to Osama bin Laden.

我们将奥萨马·本·拉登绳之以法。

We've strengthened our homeland security.

我们强化了国土安全,

We've prevented attacks. We've saved lives.

破获防范了一些恐袭,拯救了众多生命。

NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

详情查看:NSDA(全美演讲与辩论联盟)赛事活动诚招全国各城市合作伙伴

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据