TED演讲:性格的迷思–你究竟是谁(9)

It relates to your kid — you've been back three times to the hospital,

也许这事业跟孩子有关–你已经去医院三趟了,

and they still don't know what's wrong. Or it could be your mom.

医生们还是查不出你孩子的病因。或者生病的是你母亲。

And you'd been acting out of character. These are free traits.

你会做一些跟你的性格不相符的事情。这些是可变的性格特点。

You're very agreeable, but you act disagreeably

你本和善可亲却表现得咄咄逼人,

in order to break down those barriers of administrative torpor in the hospital,

只为了对抗如今医院里无处不在的懒散风气,

to get something for your mom or your child.

让自己的母亲或者孩子得到及时治疗。

What are these free traits?

这些可变的性格特点到底是什么?

They're where were enact a script in order to advance a core project in our lives.

那是我们演的一出戏,为了达成我们生命中最重要的目标。

And they are what matters.

而这才是最重要的。

Don't ask people what type you are; ask them, "What are your core projects in your life?"

不要问别人是什么性格的人,而要问他们,“你们生命中最重要的事是什么?”

And we enact those free traits.

然后我们身上的可变,性格特点就会被激发。

I'm an introvert, but I have a core project, which is to profess. I'm a professor.

我是一个内向的人,但我最重要的事业是教书。我是一名教授。

And I adore my students, and I adore my field.

我热爱我的学生,也热爱我的事业领域。

And I can't wait to tell them about what's new, what's exciting, what I can't wait to tell them about.

我总是迫不及待地想与他们分享那些新奇有趣的事情。

And so I act in an extroverted way,

因此我会表现得像一个外向的人,

because at eight in the morning, the students need a little bit of humor,

因为早上8点,学生需要一点幽默,

a little bit of engagement to keep them going in arduous days of study.

需要一点激励才能熬过一天紧张的学习。

But we need to be very careful when we act protractedly out of character.

但是当我们扮演其他性格的时候需要万分小心。

我是谁? 我真的了解自己吗? 心理学上常用一些性格特征给我们定义和分类, 本期TED演讲者Brian Little博士将为大家分享他在心理学领域的研究发现,帮助我们更清晰的认识自己,同时认识他人。

NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

详情查看:NSDA(全美演讲与辩论联盟)赛事活动诚招全国各城市合作伙伴

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据