TED演讲:格格不入者的心声(7)

The radiance falls on all of us, and we are nothing without each other.

只有和大家团结在一起,每个人才是光芒四射的。

Instead, I flew back to Oregon,

可现实是,我飞回了俄勒冈,

and as I watched the evergreens and rain come back into view,

看着窗外的雨拍打着常青树

I just drank many tiny bottles of airplane "feel sorry for yourself."

我不禁借酒浇愁。

I thought about how, if I was a writer, I was some kind of misfit writer.

我想就算我是一个作家,我也只是一个格格不入的作家。

What I'm saying is, I flew back to Oregon without a book deal, without an agent,

我想说,我回到俄勒冈,没有签下一个书约,没有经纪人同行,

and with only a headful and heart-ful of memories of having sat so near the beautiful writers.

有的只是满满的回忆。我曾经和那些美丽的作家离得那么近。

Memory was the only prize I allowed myself.

回忆是我给自己的奖励。

And yet, at home in the dark, back in my underwear,

然后当我回到家的黑暗中,穿回我的内衣,

I could still hear their voices.

我还能够听见她们的声音。

They said, "Don't listen to anyone who tries to get you to shut up or change your story."

她们说:“不要让任何试图让你闭嘴的人改变你的故事。”

They said, "Give voice to the story only you know how to tell."

她们说:“表达只有你才知道的感受。”

They said, "Sometimes telling the story is the thing that saves your life."

她们说:“有时候写书可以改变你的一生。”

Now I am, as you can see, the woman over 50.

现在,我也50多岁了。

And I'm a writer. And I'm a mother. And I became a teacher.

我是一个作家。我是一位母亲。我也成为了一名老师。

Guess who my favorite students are.

猜猜我最喜欢的学生是谁。

Although it didn't happen the day that dream letter came through my mailbox,

我写了一篇回忆录,尽管不是从邮筒拿出信的那一天写的,

I did write a memoir, called "The Chronology of Water."

叫做“似水年华”。

这个世界上有很多“格格不入者”,他们不合群,怯懦,胆小和自卑,命运对他们也常常不公。本期的TED演讲者Lidia Yuknavitch女士就是这样一个人,她的故事和经历足以让她为“格格不入者”们代言。让我们听听她的故事,心声和感悟。

NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

详情查看:NSDA(全美演讲与辩论联盟)赛事活动诚招全国各城市合作伙伴

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据