TED演讲之面对灾难:如何在核袭击中生存(3)

This was basically an attempt to teach our schoolchildren

这个算是尝试着教正在上学的孩子们

that if we did get engaged in a nuclear confrontation and atomic war,

如果我们真的被卷入一次核冲突或者核战争

then we wanted our school children to kind of basically duck and cover.

我们希望我们的孩子们迅速躲到桌子下面

That was the principle. You — there would be a nuclear conflagration about to hit us,

这就是基本的原则,核突击袭来时

and if you get under your desk, things would be OK.

如果你趴在桌子底下,一切就没事了

I didn't do all that well in psychiatry in medical school, but I was interested,

我在医学院的时候,“精神病学”学得并不是很好,但是我很感兴趣

and I think this was seriously delusional.

而我真的认为这样的措施完全是患有妄想症的表现

Secondly, we told people to go down in their basements and build a fallout shelter.

另外,我们告诉人们躲到地下室去,把那里作为一个放射性微粒掩蔽所

Maybe it would be a study when we weren't having an atomic war,

也许我们可以好好研究研究,如果没有发生核战争

or you could use it as a TV room, or, as many teenagers found out,

我们也许可以把那里当作看电视的房间,又或者,很多青少年会发现

a very, very safe place for a little privacy with your girlfriend.

这一个绝佳的和女朋友呆在一起的私密环境

And actually — so there are multiple uses of the bomb shelters.

事实上,这个防空洞可以又很多用处

Or you could buy a prefabricated bomb shelter that you could simply bury in the ground.

或者你可以买一个组装式的防空洞,你需要的只是把它埋到地里

Now, the bomb shelters at that point — let's say you bought a prefab one

说到防空洞,假如你买了一个组装式的,

it would be a few hundred dollars, maybe up to 500, if you got a fancy one.

这可能要花几百美元,如果你买一个好点儿的可能要花掉500美元

Yet, what percentage of Americans do you think ever had a bomb shelter in their house?

但是你们认为有百分之多少的美国人曾经在他们的房子下面建有一个防空洞呢?

What percentage lived in a house with a bomb shelter?

有百分之多少的人住在有防空洞的房子里呢?

Less than two percent.

少于总人口百分之二,

About 1.4 percent of the population, as far as anyone knows, did anything,

只有大概百分之一点四的人,就我们目前所知,曾采取过措施

either making a space in their basement or actually building a bomb shelter.

不管是腾出地下室作为避难所也好,或者是真的建了一个防空洞也好

Many buildings, public buildings, around the country — this is New York City had these little civil defense signs,

很多建筑–全国各地的公共建筑,这是在纽约–有这样的民防系统标志

and the idea was that you would run into one of these shelters and be safe from the nuclear weaponry.

这个想法是说如果大家跑到这些避难所里就会安全,不会受到核武器的威胁

演讲简介

核恐怖已经随着冷战的结束而减弱,但是灾难医学专家伊文·雷德莱纳提醒我们这个威胁依然存在。他回顾了历史上一些荒谬的关于应对核袭击的对策,并给出了一些切实可行的在核袭击中生存的建议。


NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

微信:0012133598196

详情查看:NSDA(全美演讲与辩论联盟)赛事活动诚招全国各城市合作伙伴

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据