奥巴马2013莫尔豪斯学院16
Be the best father you can be to your children.
当好父亲 尽最大努力照顾你的子女.
Because nothing is more important.
因为没有比这更重要的.
I was raised by a heroic single mom.
我由单亲妈妈带大 她是一位英雄.
Wonderful grandparents made incredible sacrifices for me.
还有极好的外祖父母 他们为我牺牲了很多.
And I know there are moms and grandparents here today who did.
我知道今天也有很多母亲和祖辈到场.
The same thing for all of you.
他们对你们付出得同样多.
But I sure wish I had had a father who was not only present, but involved.
但我也希望我有一个父亲 不仅到场 而且称职.
Didn't know my dad.
我不认识我父亲.
And so my whole life, I!ve tried to be for Michelle and my girls.
所以终我一生 我将为米歇尔和女儿们.
What my father was not for my mother and me.
提供我父亲亏欠我母亲和我的东西.
I want to break that cycle where a father is not at home.
我要打破这种轮回 家里不能没有一个父亲.
Where a father is not helping to raise that son or daughter.
家里不能没有一个支撑家庭 抚养子女的父亲.
I want to be a better father, a better husband, a better man.
我要当一个更好的父亲 更好的丈夫 更好的男人.
It's hard work that demands your constant attention and frequent sacrifice.
这很艰难 需要持续的关怀和牺牲.
And I promise you, Michelle will tell you I!m not perfect.
我保证 米歇尔会告诉你们 我并不完美.
She's got a long list of my imperfections.
关于我的缺点 她能列出很长的清单.
Even now, I!m still practicing, I!m still learning.
哪怕现在 我还在练习 还在学习.
Still getting corrected in terms of how to be a fine husband and a good father.
还在纠正错误 以成为一个更称职的丈夫和父亲.
But I will tell you this:.
不过我可以告诉你们.
Everything else is unfulfilled if we fail at family, if we fail at that responsibility.
连家庭和相关责任都无法担起的人 注定一无是处.
I know that when I am on my deathbed someday.
我敢肯定 当我某天临终卧床之时.
I will not be thinking about any particular legislation I passed.
我不会去回忆我通过了哪些法案.
人物简介
本视频是美国总统巴拉克·奥巴马在莫尔豪斯学院2013年毕业典礼上的演讲。莫尔豪斯学院是美国黑人运动先驱马丁·路德·金的母校,也是一所传统上招收黑人的美国私立男子文理学院。奥巴马作为美国历史上第一位黑人总统,到此鼓励黑人学生。他告诫黑人青年,不要把种族歧视当做个人失败的借口,要努力成为一个好男人、好丈夫、好父亲。
NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。
我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。
微信:0012133598196