TED演讲之心灵的世界:这个世界需要各种心智(4)
Let's just look at something like, you know,
我们不妨看一个具体的问题
solving problems with making airlines safer.
比如如何让飞行变得更加安全
Yeah, I'm a million-mile flyer.
没错,我自己就经常要坐飞机
I do lots and lots of flying,
我飞过的里程超过一百万英里
and if I was at the FAA, what would I be doing a lot of direct observation of?
假如我是在法国航空联盟,我会特别留意去观察什么呢?
It would be their airplane tails.
我会看他们的飞机机尾
You know, five fatal wrecks in the last 20 years,
过去20年里发生了5次带来严重生命损害的坠机事故
the tail either came off or steering stuff inside the tail broke in some way.
要么是机尾断落,要么是机尾内部的一些控制装置失灵,具体形式各不一样
It's tails, pure and simple.
飞机机尾本来很简单
And when the pilots walk around the plane, guess what? They can't see that stuff inside the tail.
但是飞行员却没有注意到机尾里面有些什么东西啊
You know, now as I think about that,
看到没有,我在讲述这个的时候,我会
I'm pulling up all of that specific information.
拿出最细致的数据
It's specific. See, my thinking's bottom-up.
非常的精细。大家可以看到,我的思考是自小往上的
I take all the little pieces and I put the pieces together like a puzzle.
我会收集所有的部件,而后像拼图一样将其拼起来
Now, here is a horse that was deathly afraid of black cowboy hats.
这匹马是非常害怕黑色的牛仔帽的
He'd been abused by somebody with a black cowboy hat.
因为它曾经被一个戴黑色牛仔帽的骑手虐待过
White cowboy hats, that was absolutely fine.
而对于白色的牛仔帽,它就感觉很自然
Now, the thing is, the world is going to need
事实上,我们这个世界需要
all of the different kinds of minds to work together.
各种各样的心智,需要不同的人开展合作
We've got to work on developing all these different kinds of minds.
我们必须培养不同的心智
And one of the things that is driving me really crazy,
其中有一件事让我感到最为不安
as I travel around and I do autism meetings,
我经常去参加一些自闭症的会议
is I'm seeing a lot of smart, geeky, nerdy kids, and they just aren't very social,
我看到很多聪明的自闭症孩子,他们不善社交
and nobody's working on developing their interest in something like science.
也没有人去启发他们发展他们的兴趣,比如在科学方面的兴趣
And this brings up the whole thing of my science teacher.
这就让我想到我的科学老师
My science teacher is shown absolutely beautifully in the movie.
在电影里,我的老师的形象太美丽了
I was a goofball student.
我上中学的时候是很捣蛋的
When I was in high school I just didn't care at all about studying, until I had Mr. Carlock's science class.
根本就不思学业,直到我遇到了Carlock先生的科学课
He was now Dr. Carlock in the movie.
在电影里,他就是Carlock博士
And he got me challenged to figure out an optical illusion room.
因为他把我带到一个充满视觉虚幻的房间
This brings up the whole thing of you've got to show kids interesting stuff.
这就是说,我们需要把那些有趣的东西带给这些自闭症的孩子
You know, one of the things that I think maybe TED ought to do
我想,有一件事TED也许可以做到
is tell all the schools about all the great lectures that are on TED,
那就是告诉所有的学校,在TED这里有那么多精彩的演讲
and there's all kinds of great stuff on the Internet to get these kids turned on.
在互联网上有那么多精彩的东西,这些东西都有可能激起这些孩子的兴趣啊
Because I'm seeing a lot of these geeky nerdy kids,
因为我经常在美国中西部以及其他地方
and the teachers out in the Midwest, and the other parts of the country,
看到这些很机灵又很古怪的孩子
when you get away from these tech areas, they don't know what to do with these kids.
那些地方远离高科技区,那里的老师不知道该怎么教导孩子
And they're not going down the right path.
而且他们现在所走的路正好是错误的
The thing is, you can make a mind to be more of a thinking and cognitive mind,
有一个不争的事实是,你可以让每一个孩子变得更加爱思考
or your mind can be wired to be more social.
也可以让孩子变得更加合群
And what some of the research now has shown in autism is there may by extra wiring back here,
现在有些关于自闭症的研究显示,那些非常出众的人脑中也许有着
in the really brilliant mind, and we lose a few social circuits here.
更多的连线,只是少了一点社交的线路
It's kind of a trade-off between thinking and social.
也许两者是此消彼长吧
And then you can get into the point where it's so severe you're going to have a person that's going to be non-verbal.
假如到了极端的话,那个人也许就变成不会说话了
In the normal human mind language covers up the visual thinking we share with animals.
在正常人的大脑里,语言的区域是覆盖了视觉的区域的,后者我们跟动物一样享有
This is the work of Dr. Bruce Miller.
这是Bruce Miller博士的论文
And he studied Alzheimer's patients that had frontal temporal lobe dementia.
他专门研究老年痴呆症患者中的额颞叶痴呆症患者
And the dementia ate out the language parts of the brain,
这些患者他们的语言区域是被吞噬的
and then this artwork came out of somebody who used to install stereos in cars.
这是一副画的作者以前的工作是在车里安装了音响设备
演讲简介:
坦普·葛兰丁是自闭症患者,这个演讲里她讲到了自己的心智,以及分享了用图像进行思考的故事,这种思维方式使得她有办法解决一些常人难以解决的问题。她还指出,我们的世界需要各种各样的心智,包括视觉思考者、模式思考者、言语思考者,另外,我们还要特别重视对那些行为有点古怪但非常聪明的孩子的培养。
NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。
我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。
微信:0012133598196