TED演讲之心灵的世界:这个世界需要各种心智(7)
WordPress数据库错误: [Got error 28 from storage engine]
SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS wp_posts.*, yarpp.score
FROM wp_posts join wp_yarpp_related_cache as yarpp on wp_posts.ID = yarpp.ID
WHERE 1=1 AND yarpp.score >= 1 and yarpp.reference_ID = 96244 AND wp_posts.post_type = 'post'
ORDER BY score DESC, wp_posts.ID ASC
limit 10
Is it unrealistic for them to hope or think that that child loves them, as some might, as most, wish?
对于家长来说,他们希望或者认为自己的孩子也许能够爱他们,这是不是比较不现实?
Well let me tell you, that child will be loyal,
假如家长这么做,孩子会变得很孝顺
and if your house is burning down, they're going to get you out of it.
假如家里着火了,他们会把你救出来
Wow. So, most people, if you ask them what are they most passionate about,
我跟很多人聊天,当我问及“你对什么最有热情”这个问题的时候
they'd say things like, "My kids" or "My lover."
他们说是我的孩子以及我的爱人
What are you most passionate about?
你对什么最为热情呢?
I'm passionate about that the things I do are going to make the world a better place.
我对于我所做的事情感到十分热情,并且希望这些事情可以让世界变得更美好
When I have a mother of an autistic child say,
当我听到有母亲说
"My kid went to college because of your book, or one of your lectures," that makes me happy.
“我的孩子现在上大学了,多亏你的书呢,多亏你的讲座呢。”这是我最开心的时刻
You know, the slaughter plants, I've worked with them in the '80s; they were absolutely awful.
在80年代我在屠宰场工作的时候,那里非常的糟糕
I developed a really simple scoring system for slaughter plants
我开发了一个非常简单的记分工具
where you just measure outcomes: How many cattle fell down?
只需计算产出,如有多少的牛跌倒了
How many cattle got poked with the prodder?
多少的牛被赶牛棒子捅过
How many cattle are mooing their heads off?
有多少牛哞哞叫个不停
And it's very, very simple.
非常非常简单
You directly observe a few simple things.
就只关注一些很小的事情
It's worked really well.
并且运作的相当好
I get satisfaction out of seeing stuff that makes real change in the real world.
看到事情发生实际的改变,我心里非常高兴,
We need a lot more of that, and a lot less abstract stuff.
我们需要更多这样简单的东西,而不是抽象的东西
When we were talking on the phone,
我们电话里聊的时候,
one of the things you said that really astonished me was you said one thing
你讲到的一个事情让我感到很惊讶
you were passionate about was server farms. Tell me about that.
因为你说你有热情的是服务器农场。能详细说一下吗?
Well the reason why I got really excited when I read about that, it contains knowledge.
因为我知道那里蕴含了知识
It's libraries.
它就是图书馆
And to me, knowledge is something that is extremely valuable.
对我来说,知识就是非常宝贵的一种东西
So, maybe, over 10 years ago now our library got flooded.
也许十年后我们的图书馆会变得非常大
And this is before the Internet got really big.
那还是互联网尚未急剧增长的时候
And I was really upset about all the books being wrecked,
每当我看到有人损毁书籍的时候
because it was knowledge being destroyed.
我都会感到非常的愤怒,因为那就是知识啊
And server farms, or data centers are great libraries of knowledge.
而服务器农场或数据中心就是巨大的知识图书馆
Temple, can I just say it's an absolute delight to have you at TED.
坦普女士,我们有幸邀请到您来TED,真的十分高兴
Well thank you so much. Thank you.
谢谢。谢谢大家。
演讲简介:
坦普·葛兰丁是自闭症患者,这个演讲里她讲到了自己的心智,以及分享了用图像进行思考的故事,这种思维方式使得她有办法解决一些常人难以解决的问题。她还指出,我们的世界需要各种各样的心智,包括视觉思考者、模式思考者、言语思考者,另外,我们还要特别重视对那些行为有点古怪但非常聪明的孩子的培养。
NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。
我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。
微信:0012133598196