TED演讲之心灵的世界:精神疾病有什么可笑的?(2)

WordPress数据库错误: [Got error 28 from storage engine]
SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS wp_posts.*, yarpp.score FROM wp_posts join wp_yarpp_related_cache as yarpp on wp_posts.ID = yarpp.ID WHERE 1=1 AND yarpp.score >= 1 and yarpp.reference_ID = 96340 AND wp_posts.post_type = 'post' ORDER BY score DESC, wp_posts.ID ASC limit 10

Because, you know, the one thing, one thing that you get with this disease,

因为有一样东西,得了这种病你会得到它

this one comes with a package, is you get a real sense of shame,

这是整套附送的,就是你会感到很羞耻

because your friends go, "Oh come on, show me the lump, show me the x-rays,"

因为你的朋友们会说 “来,给我看看肿块,给我看看X光片”

and of course you've got nothing to show,

当然你什么都没有可以拿来展示的

so you're, like, really disgusted with yourself because you're thinking,

你就会变得很厌恶自己因为你觉得

"I'm not being carpet-bombed. I don't live in a township."

“没有很多人来看望我,我不是在城镇里生活”

So you start to hear these abusive voices, but you don't hear one abusive voice,

你开始听到很多谩骂声,不是一声两声

you hear about a thousand — 100,000 abusive voices,

你能听到近千个万个谩骂声

like if the Devil had Tourette's, that's what it would sound like.

就像恶魔患了抽动症,听起来就像那样

But we all know in here, you know, there is no Devil, there are no voices in your head.

但我们在座的都知道,并没有恶魔,你的头脑中并没有声音

You know that when you have those abusive voices,

当你听到那些谩骂声时

all those little neurons get together and in that little gap

所有那些小神经元会聚在一起,在那个小小的狭缝

you get a real toxic "I want to kill myself" kind of chemical,

你就会产生“我真想杀了自己”有毒的化学物质

and if you have that over and over again on a loop tape, you might have yourself depression.

如果这种情况屡次发生,你可能会让自己得抑郁症

Oh, and that's not even the tip of the iceberg.

那还不到冰山一角

If you get a little baby, and you abuse it verbally,

如果你有一个小婴儿,你常口头辱骂它

its little brain sends out chemicals that are so destructive

它的小脑袋会发出非常具有破坏性的化学物质

that the little part of its brain that can tell good from bad just doesn't grow,

以致它脑袋里面分辨美好事物的部分不再生长了

so you might have yourself a homegrown psychotic.

你就自己培养了一个精神病者

If a soldier sees his friend blown up,

如果一个士兵看到他的朋友被炸了,

his brain goes into such high alarm that he can't actually put the experience into words,

他的大脑会进入高度警戒状态,以致他无法把所经历的东西用语言表达出来

so he just feels the horror over and over again.

他只是一次又一次地感受到恐惧

So here's my question.

那么我有一个问题,

My question is, how come when people have mental damage, it's always an active imagination?

我的问题就是,为什么人们有精神创伤的时候,总被认为是主动想象造成的

How come every other organ in your body can get sick and you get sympathy, except the brain?

为什么其它身体器官生病时你会得到同情,而大脑除外呢

I'd like to talk a little bit more about the brain,

我想谈多一些关于大脑的东西

because I know you like that here at TED,

因为我知道TED在座的各位喜欢听

so if you just give me a minute here, okay.

请给我一点时间好吗

Okay, let me just say, there's some good news.

我就这么说吧,有些好消息

There is some good news. First of all, let me say, we've come a long, long way.

有些好消息,首先,我想说,我们一路走来经历了很多

We started off as a teeny, teeny little one-celled amoeba,

我们从非常非常小的单细胞变形虫

tiny, just sticking onto a rock, and now, voila, the brain.

很小的,贴在一块石头上,现在,看啊,到了大脑

Here we go.

我们开始吧

This little baby has a lot of horsepower.

这小东西有很大马力

It comes completely conscious. It's got state-of-the-art lobes.

它是有完整意识的,它有新生的脑叶

We've got the occipital lobe so we can actually see the world.

因为有枕叶所以我们能看到世界

We got the temporal lobe so we can actually hear the world.

因为有颞叶所以我们能听到世界上的声音

Here we've got a little bit of long-term memory,

这里是我们有长期记忆的部分

so, you know that night you want to forget, when you got really drunk? Bye-bye! Gone.

你很想忘记某天晚上真的喝醉了,拜拜,忘记了

So actually, it's filled with 100 billion neurons just zizzing away, electrically transmitting information, zizzing, zizzing.

事实上,大脑有1000亿个神经元,带电吱吱吱地传导着信息,吱吱吱吱

I'm going to give you a little side view here.

我来给你们看看一些侧观

I don't know if you can get that here.

我不知道你们能不能看清楚

So, zizzing away, and so…

吱吱,那么…

And for every one I know, I drew this myself. Thank you.

对每个,这是我自己画,谢谢

For every one single neuron, you can actually have

对每一个神经元来说,你事实上可以

from 10,000 to 100,000 different connections

有1万到10万种不同的连接

or dendrites or whatever you want to call it, and every time you learn something, or you have an experience,

或神经树突或不管你怎么叫,每一次你学到东西或经历了一些事

that bush grows, you know, that bush of information.

树突就会成长,就是信息的树突

Can you imagine, every human being is carrying that equipment, even Paris Hilton?

你可以想象么,每个人都有那样的装备,甚至是帕丽斯·希尔顿

演讲简介

身体疾病可博取同情,喜剧演员鲁比·怀克丝说到,除了那些大脑生病的。为什么会那样?活力四射幽默感十足的怀克丝,十年前被诊断出临床忧郁症,她敦促我们杜绝精神疾病的污名。


NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

微信:0012133598196

详情查看:NSDA(全美演讲与辩论联盟)赛事活动诚招全国各城市合作伙伴

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据