SD冠军锦标赛|美国藤校演讲与辩论赛中国选拔赛

SDcamps•演辩营全国英语演讲与辩论赛

TED演讲:为了理解而游戏(2)

I happened to be living in Springfield at the time,and the best part of it was-is that you would close the women's door in the bathroom,

当时我刚好住在斯普林菲尔德(Springfield,和波士顿一个州),最精彩的部分是—如果你到女厕所,关上门

and I remember seeing Go Sox, and I thought, really?

我记得看到门上写着加油,红袜队,我当时想,不是吧?

Or the houses, you'd come out, because every game,

另外大家都会从屋子里跑出来,因为每一场比赛,

well, I think almost every game, went into overtime, right?

嗯,我记得几乎每一场比赛都会进入加时赛,对吗?

So we'd be outside, and all the other lights are on,on the whole block, and kids, like, the attendance was down in school, and kids weren't going to school.

所以我们会到户外,周围所有的灯都亮着,整个街区都亮着,而孩子们逃课变得比较普遍,他们都不怎么去上学了。

But it's okay, it's the Red Sox, right?

但这没什么,因为是红袜队,对吧?

I mean, there's education, and then there's the Red Sox,

我的意思是,一方面是上学,然后一方面是红袜队,

and we know where they're stacked.

我们知道它们孰轻孰重。

So this was an amazing experience, and again, yes,

所以这是一种绝妙的体验,而且再一次—是的,

it was a game, but they didn't write newspaper articles,

这是一场游戏,但他们没在报纸上写文章,

people didn't say-you know, really, I can die now because the Red Sox won. And many people did.

因为人们不会说—你知道,真的,我现在感觉快死了,因为红袜队赢了比赛。 其实很多人那样说了。

So games, it means something more to us.

所以游戏对我们而言有更多的意义。

It absolutely means something more.

它绝对拥有更多的意义。

So now, just, this is an abrupt transition here.

现在切换一下话题。

There was three years where I actually did have a real job, sort of.

有三年时间,我有了真正的工作(在某种程度上算)。

I was the head of a college department teaching games, so, again, it was sort of a real job,

我担任了一个学院部门的主管负责教游戏,算是某种意义上的真正的工作,

and now I just got to talk about making as opposed to making them.

而现在我只是谈一谈做游戏而不是真正的去做出来。

And I was at a dinner. Part of the job of it, when you're a chair of a department, is to eat, and I did that very well,

有一次我参加了一个宴会。当你是一个部门头头的时候,你的工作之一就是吃,这项工作我完成的很好。

and so I'm out at a dinner with this guy called Zig Jackson.

某次宴会上我认识了这这个人,叫齐格·杰克逊。

So this is Zig in this photograph. This is also one of Zig's photographs. He's a photographer.

这张照片里的人就是齐格,他自己的摄影作品。他是一名摄影师。

And he goes all around the country taking pictures of himself, and you can see here he's got Zig's Indian Reservation. And this particular shot, this is one of the more traditional shots. This is a rain dancer.

他在全国各地跑来跑去,为自己拍照,在这张照片里你可以看到他的印第安人保留地系列照片。再来看这一张,这是较传统的照片之一。这是一位祈雨舞者。

And this is one of my favorite shots here.

这也是我最喜爱的照片之一。

So you can look at this, and maybe you've even seen things like this. This is an expression of culture, right?

接下来我们来看这张照片,也许你曾经看到过类似的东西。这是一种文化的表达,对吗?

And this is actually from his Degradation series.

这张照片实际上是他的退化系列中的一张。

And what was most fascinating to me about this series is just, look at that little boy there.

这个系列最吸引我的是,看看那里那个小男孩。

严重复杂的悲剧事件一直以来都很难被人理解。当布伦达·布拉思韦特(Brenda Brathwaite)的女儿放学回家,问她有关奴隶制的问题时,她发挥了她的工作技能来回答这个问题——她设计了一款游戏。在“TEDx凤凰城”沙龙上,她介绍了这款游戏出乎意料的有效性,还有其他的一系列类似的游戏。这些游戏都能帮助玩家真正的理解游戏背后的故事。


NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

微信:0012133598196

《TED演讲:为了理解而游戏(2)》

详情查看:NSDA(全美演讲与辩论联盟)赛事活动诚招全国各城市合作伙伴

点赞

发表评论

电子邮件地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据