TED演讲之游戏的力量:用玩具创造世界(2)

And you actually start this game in a drop of water,

其实是从一滴水里开始这个游戏的,

as a very, very small single-cell creature,

这时你还是一个很小很小的单细胞生物,

and right off the bat you basically just have to live, survive, reproduce.

然后马上你需要开始基本的生存、生活、繁衍。

So here we are, at a very microscopic scale, swimming around.

你看,它小极了,游来游去。

And I actually realize that cells don't have eyes,

我知道事实上细胞生物没有眼睛,

but it helps to make it cute.

但是眼睛使它看起来更可爱。

The players are going to play through every generation of this species,

玩家会逐步经历这个物种的每一代进化,

and as you play the game the creature is actually growing bit by bit.

当你玩这个游戏的时候,这个生物就一点一点地长大。

And as we start growing the camera will actually start zooming out,

当它开始生长的时候,镜头会变焦

and things that you see in the background there will actually start slowly pulling into the foreground,

使得你在背景中看到的景物会慢慢地往前移,

showing you a little bit of what you'll be interacting with as you grow.

让你知道当它成长的时候会遇到什么。

So as we eat, the camera starts pulling out,

瞧,当它进食的时候,镜头会拉远,

and then we start interacting with kind of larger and larger organisms.

然后我们开始和越来越大的生物体互动。

Now, we actually play through many generations here, at the cellular scale.

我们可以在细胞层面经历好多代。

I'm going to skip ahead here.

我要跳过这一级了。

At some point we get larger, and we actually get to a macro-evolution scale.

当我们变大之后,就会进入到进化的宏观层面。

Now at this point we're leaving the water,

在这个界面中,我们离开了水,

and one thing that's kind of important about this game is that, at every level,

这个游戏中很重要的一点是,在每一个级别中,

the player is designing their creature, and that's a fundamental aspect of this.

玩家可以自己设计生物的形态。这是很基本的。

Now, in the evolution game here,

那么,在这个进化游戏中,

the creature scale, basically you have to eat, survive, and then reproduce.

在生物的层面上,你要做的基本上就是进食、生存、繁殖。

You know, very Darwinian.

这很符合达尔文的理论。

One thing we noticed with "The Sims,"

大家在我以前创作的“模拟”系列游戏中

which is a game I did earlier, is that players love making stuff.

已经注意到,玩家喜欢做东西。

When they were able to make stuff in the game

当他们自己可以制作东西时,

they had a tremendous amount of empathy in connection to it.

他们就会对它产生极大的共情感,

Even if it wasn't as pretty as what other people would make it

哪怕做出来的东西并不是人们想象的那么美丽

as a professional artist would make for games

就像专业的艺术家为游戏设计的那样

it really stuck with them and they really cared about what would happen to it.

但玩家对它们不离不弃,对它遇到的一切非常关心。

So at this point, we've left the water, and now with this little creature —

所以现在,我们离开了水。我们可以让这个小家伙——

we could bring up the volume a little bit — and now we might try to eat.

我们可以把音量调大一点——让它吃东西,

We might sneak up on this little guy over here maybe, and try and eat him.

我们可以悄悄接近这个小东西,然后吃掉它。

OK, well, we fight.

好,我们干一架。

OK, we got him. Now we get a meal.

嗯,我们打败了它。现在我们开吃。

So really, at this part of the game,

所以在游戏的这个部分,

what we're doing is we're running around and surviving,

我们就是在游荡和生存,

and also getting to the next generation,

并且制造下一代,

because we're going to play through every generation of this creature.

因为我们要经历这个生物的每一代。

We can mate, so I'm going to see if one of these creatures wants to mate with me.

我们可以交配,所以我要看看这个同类是不是愿意和我交配。

Yeah. We didn't want to replay actual evolution with humans and all that

嗯。我们并不想重复人类实际的进化过程,

because it's almost more interesting to look at alternate possibilities in evolution.

因为看看别的可能也许更加有趣。

Evolution is usually presented as this one path that we took through,

我们经历的进化过程有时候显得像是唯一的方式

but really it represents this huge set of possibilities.

但是进化其实有很多的可能方式

演讲简介

威尔·莱特快速、通俗易懂地展示了他的最新游戏——《孢子》。这款游戏必将与他以往的大手笔还要让玩家感到震撼。


NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

微信:0012133598196

详情查看:NSDA(全美演讲与辩论联盟)赛事活动诚招全国各城市合作伙伴

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据