TED演讲之游戏的力量:为了理解而游戏(2)

So now, just, this is an abrupt transition here.

现在切换一下话题

There was three years where I actually did have a real job, sort of.

有三年时间,我有了真正的工作(在某种程度上算)

I was the head of a college department

我担任了一个学院部门的主管

teaching games, so, again, it was sort of a real job,

负责教游戏,算是某种意义上的真正的工作,

and now I just got to talk about making as opposed to making them.

而现在我只是谈一谈做游戏而不是真正的去做出来。

And I was at a dinner. Part of the job of it, when you're a chair of a department, is to eat,

有一次我参加了一个宴会。当你是一个部门头头的时候,你的工作之一就是“吃”,

and I did that very well, and so I'm out at a dinner with this guy called Zig Jackson.

这项工作我完成的很好。某次宴会上我认识了这这个人,叫齐格·杰克逊。

So this is Zig in this photograph. This is also one of Zig's photographs. He's a photographer.

这张照片里的人就是齐格,他自己的摄影作品。他是一名摄影师。

And he goes all around the country taking pictures of himself,

他在全国各地跑来跑去,为自己拍照,

and you can see here he's got Zig's Indian Reservation.

在这张照片里你可以看到他的“印第安人保留地”系列照片。

And this particular shot, this is one of the more traditional shots.

再来看这一张,这是较传统的照片之一。

This is a rain dancer.

这是一位祈雨舞者。

And this is one of my favorite shots here.

这也是我最喜爱的照片之一。

So you can look at this, and maybe you've even seen things like this.

接下来我们来看这张照片,也许你曾经看到过类似的东西。

This is an expression of culture, right?

这是一种文化的表达,对吗?

And this is actually from his Degradation series.

这张照片实际上是他的“退化”系列中的一张。

And what was most fascinating to me about this series is just, look at that little boy there.

这个系列最吸引我的是,看看那里那个小男孩。

Can you imagine? Now let's, we can see that's a traditional Native American.

你能想象吗?现在,我们可以看到这是一位典型的美洲原住民。

Now I just want to change that guy's race.

现在我想改变那家伙的种族。

Just imagine if that's a black guy.

想象一下,如果这是一个黑人。

So, "Honey, come here, let's get your picture with the black guy."

然后,"亲爱的,到这里来,我们来给你和这个黑人拍张照。"

Right? Like, seriously, nobody would do this.

是吗?说真的,没有人会这么做。

It baffles the mind. And so Zig, being Indian, likewise it baffles his mind.

这个想法太使人困惑了。齐格,作为印第安人,同样感到困惑。

His favorite photograph — my favorite photograph of his,

他最喜欢的照片——也是我最喜欢的一张,

which I don't have in here is Indian taking picture of white people taking pictures of Indians.

但这里没有是一个印第安人正在拍摄一个给印第安人拍照的白人的照片。

So I happen to be at dinner with this photographer,

总之我碰巧与这个摄影师参加同一个宴会,

and he was talking with another photographer about a shooting that had occurred,

当时他正与另一个摄影师谈论一起刚刚发生的枪击案,

and it was on an Indian reservation.

发生在印第安人保留区。

He'd taken his camera up there to photograph it,

他当时带了相机准备到那里拍照,

but when he got there, he discovered he couldn't do it.

但当他到了那儿,他发现他做不到。

He just couldn't capture the picture.

他总是没有办法按下快门。

And so they were talking back and forth about this question.

所以他们翻来覆去地讨论这一问题

Do you take the picture or not?

你会拍摄枪击案的照片么?

And that was fascinating to me as a game designer,

他们的对话让我有了从未有过的想法,

because it never occurs to me, like, should I make the game about this difficult topic or not?

比如,作为一个游戏设计者,我是否应该设计涉及沉重主题的游戏?

Because we just make things that are fun or, you know,

我们通常制作的游戏都是有趣的,或是让人恐惧的

will make you feel fear, you know, that visceral excitement.

你知道,那种让人本能地感到兴奋的游戏。

But every other medium does it.

但所有其他的媒介都会这么做。

演讲简介

严重复杂的悲剧事件一直以来都很难被人理解。当布伦达·布拉思韦特(Brenda Brathwaite)的女儿放学回家,问她有关奴隶制的问题时,她发挥了她的工作技能来回答这个问题——她设计了一款游戏。在“TEDx凤凰城”沙龙上,她介绍了这款游戏出乎意料的有效性,还有其他的一系列类似的游戏。这些游戏都能帮助玩家真正的理解游戏背后的故事。


NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

微信:0012133598196

详情查看:NSDA(全美演讲与辩论联盟)赛事活动诚招全国各城市合作伙伴

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据