SD冠军锦标赛|美国藤校演讲与辩论赛中国选拔赛

SDcamps•演辩营全国英语演讲与辩论赛

TED演讲之游戏的力量:为了理解而游戏(4)

This is the game, which I've ended up calling The New World, because I like the phrase.

这就是那个游戏,我后来给它起了个名字叫做《新世界》,因为我喜欢这个叫法。

I don't think the New World felt too new worldly exciting to the people who were brought over on slave ships.

我不认为“新世界”会带来什么世俗的兴奋感,尤其对于那些曾经从奴隶船上下来的人们。

But when this happened, I saw the whole planet.

但当这一切发生时,我看到了整个世界。

I was so excited. It was like, I'd been making games for 20-some years, and then I decided to do it again.

我感觉太激动了。这就像是,我设计游戏已经超过二十年,而我决定再做一些类似的游戏。

My history is Irish.

我的故乡是爱尔兰。

So this is a game called Siochan Leat. It's "peace be with you."

这个游戏叫做“Siochan Leat”。意思是《和平与你同在》。

It's the entire history of my family in a single game.

仅仅这一个游戏就包含了我的整个家族史。

I made another game called Train.

我设计了另一款游戏叫做《列车》。

I was making a series of six games that covered difficult topics,

我制作了一个系列的六款游戏都是关于沉重的主题,

and if you're going to cover a difficult topic, this is one you need to cover,

如果你要讨论一个沉重的主题,就需要这样的游戏来开展

and I'll let you figure out what that's about on your own.

我会让你自己通过游戏来发现关于这个主题的一切。

And I also made a game about the Trail of Tears.

我还创作了一款游戏叫做《泪痕》

This is a game with 50,000 individual pieces.

这个游戏有着5万个独立的零件。

I was crazy when I decided to start it, but I'm in the middle of it now.

我当时肯定是疯了才决定要设计它,不过我现在已经进行了近一半。

It's the same thing.

这和之前的游戏是类似的。

I'm hoping that I'll teach culture through these games.

我希望通过这些游戏来传授文化。

And the one I'm working on right now, which is —

而我现在正在着手设计的游戏是——

because I'm right in the middle of it, and these for some reason choke me up like crazy

因为我正在全心投入,所以想到它很容易使我情绪波动

is a game called Mexican Kitchen Workers.

这个游戏叫做《墨西哥厨房工人》。

And originally it was a math problem more or less.

最初它差不多只是一个数学问题的游戏。

Like, here's the economics of illegal immigration.

就像,关于非法移民的经济学问题。

And the more I learned about the Mexican culture

之后,随着我学到越来越多的墨西哥文化

my partner is Mexican the more I learned that,

我的搭档是墨西哥人,我越来越发现,

you know, for all of us, food is a basic need, but,

你知道,对于我们所有人来说,食物是基本的需求,

and it is obviously with Mexicans too, but it's much more than that.

当然对墨西哥人也是,但对他们来说食物的含义远不止如此。

It's an expression of love.

食物是爱的表达。

It's an expression of God, I'm totally choking up way more than I thought.

它是…上帝,我没想到我会这么哽咽。

I'll look away from the picture.

我还是先不看这张照片好了。

It's an expression of beauty. It's how they say they love you.

它是美的表达。这是他们表达他们爱你的方式。

It's how they say they care, and you can't hear somebody

这是他们表达在乎的方式。任何一个墨西哥人

talk about their Mexican grandmother without saying "food" in the first sentence.

谈起他的祖母,第一句中一定会有"食物"。

And so to me, this beautiful culture,

对我来说,这种美丽的文化,

this beautiful expression is something that I want to capture through games.

这种美丽的表达方式正是我想要通过游戏捕捉的东西。

And so games, for a change, it changes how we see topics,

因此游戏能够带来改变,它改变了我们讨论主题的方式,

it changes how our perceptions about those people in topics, and it changes ourselves.

它改变了我们对那些主题中人物的看法,它也改变了我们自己。

We change as people through games,

我们通过玩游戏发生改变,

because we're involved, and we're playing,

因为我们既是玩游戏的人,又是游戏的一部分,

and we're learning as we do so. Thank you.

与此同时,我们能学到东西。谢谢。

演讲简介

严重复杂的悲剧事件一直以来都很难被人理解。当布伦达·布拉思韦特(Brenda Brathwaite)的女儿放学回家,问她有关奴隶制的问题时,她发挥了她的工作技能来回答这个问题——她设计了一款游戏。在“TEDx凤凰城”沙龙上,她介绍了这款游戏出乎意料的有效性,还有其他的一系列类似的游戏。这些游戏都能帮助玩家真正的理解游戏背后的故事。


NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

微信:0012133598196

《TED演讲之游戏的力量:为了理解而游戏(4)》

详情查看:NSDA(全美演讲与辩论联盟)赛事活动诚招全国各城市合作伙伴

点赞

发表评论

电子邮件地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据