TED演讲之游戏的力量:打游戏激起对学习的热情(5)

Most of the educational games that are out there today are really flashcards.

今天的多数教育游戏是过时的,它们只是卡片游戏。

They're glorified drill and practice.

它们都是很耗人的和需要人们的耐心来玩。

They don't have the depth, the rich narrative that really engaging video games have,

它们没有真正打电子游戏时的那种耐玩性,丰富的游戏互动性,

that the boys are really interested in.

这些才会让男孩们真正感兴趣。

So we need to design better games.

所以我们要设计更好玩的游戏。

We need to talk to teachers and parents and school board members and politicians.

我们要和老师,家长,学校董事会成员和政治家对话。

We need to make sure that people see that we need more men in the classroom.

我们必须确保让人们看到,我们要在课堂上有更多的男性老师。

We need to look carefully at our zero tolerance policies.

我们要格外关注我们的零容忍政策。

Do they make sense?

它们是否合理?

We need to think about how to uncompress this curriculum if we can,

我们要思考我们该怎样解压这课程,

trying to bring boys back into a space that is comfortable for them.

我们尽量努力让男孩回到适合他们待的地方来。

All of those conversations need to be happening.

这所有的对话都要发生。

There are some great examples out there of schools

这里也有一些很好的学校–

the New York Times just talked about a school recently.

最近纽约时报就谈到一个学校。

A game designer from the New School put together a wonderful video gaming school.

新学校的游戏设计者组合了一所非常棒的视频游戏学校。

But it only treats a few kids, and so this isn't very scalable.

但它只针对个别的孩子。这种学校非常稀缺。

We have to change the culture

所以我们得改变学校里的男孩文化

and the feelings that politicians and school board members and parents

和改变政治家,学校董事会成员和父母对待男孩文化的想法,它是有关今天在我们学校,

have about the way we accept and what we accept in our schools today.

我们已接受的这种男孩文化方式和我们要去接受的男孩文化。

We need to find more money for game design.

我们要给游戏设计投资更多的钱。

Because good games, really good games, cost money,

因为好游戏,非常好的游戏是要花钱的,

and World of Warcraft has quite a budget.

魔兽世界有相当多的预算。

Most of the educational games do not.

大多数教育游戏没有那么多预算。

Where we started: my colleagues — Mike Petner, Shawn Vashaw, myself —

我们从哪里开始呢:我同事–迈克·派特纳,肖恩·瓦绍和我,

we started by trying to look at the teachers' attitudes

我们开始了解老师对此的态度

and find out how do they really feel about gaming, what do they say about it.

并找出她们真正对游戏的想法,对此她们想说什么。

And we discovered that they talk about the kids in their school,

我们发现她们在学校谈到男孩打游戏,

who talk about gaming, in pretty demeaning ways.

他们是用一种非常贬损的口吻。

They say, "Oh, yeah. They're always talking about that stuff.

她们说,“哦,是的。他们常常谈论视频游戏。

They're talking about their little action figures

他们谈论着他们的小英雄人物

and their little achievements or merit badges, or whatever it is that they get.

和他们的网上小成绩或者获得的徽章,或者任何他们赢得的奖励。

And they're always talking about this stuff."

他们常常谈论这些东西。”

And they say these things as if it's okay.

她们说这些话好像是没关系似的。

But if it were your culture, think of how that might feel.

但如果这是你的文化呢,想想你会感觉如何?

It's very uncomfortable to be on the receiving end of that kind of language.

老师的那种语言对于男孩这些接收者们来说,听上去是非常不舒服的。

They're nervous about anything that has anything to do with violence

老师们对任何涉及暴力的东西都感到焦虑,

because of the zero tolerance policies.

这是因为零容忍的政策。

They are sure that parents and administrators will never accept anything.

男孩知道他们的父母和校官绝不会接受这一切。

So we really need to think about looking at teacher attitudes

所以我们的确要思考审视老师的态度

and finding ways to change the attitudes

找到改变这态度的方法

so that teachers are much more open and accepting of boy cultures in their classrooms.

好让老师更加宽容,以开放的态度来接受在课堂上的这种男孩文化。

Because, ultimately, if we don't,

因为,最终,我们要是不改变,

then we're going to have boys who leave elementary school saying,

就会有离开小学的男孩子说,

"Well I guess that was just a place for girls. It wasn't for me.

“好吧,我猜学校只是适合女生待;并不适合我。

So I've got to do gaming, or I've got to do sports."

所以我要去打游戏,或者玩体育。”

If we change these things, if we pay attention to these things,

如果我们改变这些事,如果我们关注这些事,

and we re-engage boys in their learning,

我们重新唤起男孩学习的热情,

they will leave the elementary schools saying, "I'm smart."

他们在离开小学时,说,“我变聪明了。”

Thank you.

谢谢。

演讲简介

在TEDxPSU,当男孩们从学校辍学,阿里·卡·切尔曼指出有三个原因,她还提出大胆的计划让男孩们重新获得学习的激情:将男孩文化带进教室,还有让男孩做他们想做的事的新准则,以及打游戏也可以寓教于乐。


NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

微信:0012133598196

详情查看:NSDA(全美演讲与辩论联盟)赛事活动诚招全国各城市合作伙伴

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据