TED演讲之性别无限:电影中的男子气概(2)

Compare this to 1939 with "The Wizard of Oz."

对比一下1939年的《绿野仙踪》。

How does Dorothy win her movie?

多萝西是如何取得胜利的?

By making friends with everybody

她通过跟每个人都成为好朋友

and being a leader.

变成他们的领袖。

That's kind of the world I'd rather raise my kids in —

我更希望自己孩子可以在这样的环境中——

Oz, right? — and not the world of dudes fighting,

奥兹的世界——长大,而不是打来打去的世界,

which is where we kind of have to be.

——这种世界倒是很贴近现实。

Why is there so much Force — capital F, Force —

为什么我们给小孩子的电影中

in the movies we have for our kids,

有那么多的暴力

and so little yellow brick road?

那么少的黄砖路(绿野仙踪中的道路)?

There is a lot of great writing about the impact

关于男性暴力电影对于女性的影响,

that the boy-violent movie has on girls,

有很多出色的分析文章,

and you should do that reading. It's very good.

你应该去看看。写的很好。

I haven't read as much on how boys are picking up on this vibe.

这种氛围对男孩的影响,我读的文章不多。

I know from my own experience that

就我自己的经验而言,

Princess Leia did not provide the adequate context

从莱娅公主所处环境中得到的经验

that I could have used in navigating the adult world

不足以指导我在现实生活中引导孩子进入成人世界

that is co-ed.

成人世界是"男女混居的"。

I think there was a first-kiss moment

我认为荧幕上的初吻

when I really expected the credits to start rolling

应该发生在电影的最后,最好是演员表出现的时候,

because that's the end of the movie, right?

因为这是电影的结局,对么?

I finished my quest, I got the girl.

我完成了使命,赢得芳心。

Why are you still standing there?

为什么还要呆站在这里?

I don't know what I'm supposed to do.

我不知道应该做什么。

The movies are very, very focused on defeating the villain

这些电影把重点放在打败坏人

and getting your reward, and there's not a lot of room

获得奖励上,以至于没有多少时间

for other relationships and other journeys.

处理其他关系和经历。

It's almost as though if you're a boy,

基本上,如果你是男孩

you are a dopey animal,

你就是一个呆笨的动物,

and if you are a girl, you should bring your warrior costume.

如果你是女孩,你就应该穿上战袍。

There are plenty of exceptions,

当然反例也很多,

and I will defend the Disney princesses in front of any you.

而且我会在你们面前为迪斯尼的公主们辩护。

But they do send a message to boys,

但是这些电影给男孩子的感觉是

that they are not, the boys are not really the target audience.

他们不是这些电影预期的观众

They are doing a phenomenal job of teaching girls

这些电影有很大的一个功劳

how to defend against the patriarchy,

就是教会女孩子如何反抗父权社会,

but they are not necessarily showing boys

但是这些电影并没有

how they're supposed to defend against the patriarchy.

向男孩子们展示如何反抗父权社会。

There's no models for them.

孩子们没有偶像可寻。

And we also have some terrific women

我们也有一些了不起的女性

who are writing new stories for our kids,

开始为我们的孩子写新的故事

and as three-dimensional and delightful as Hermione and Katniss are,

包括像赫敏和凯特里斯这样生动形象的角色,

these are still war movies.

但是还是属于战争电影。

And, of course, the most successful studio of all time

当然,史上最成功的电影工作室(皮克斯)

continues to crank out classic after classic,

连续不断的创造经典电影

every single one of them about

每部电影都讲述一段故事

the journey of a boy, or a man,

一个小男孩的,或一个大男人的,

or two men who are friends, or a man and his son,

或两个大男人,或父与子,

or two men who are raising a little girl.

或是两个男人抚养一个小女孩。

Until, as many of you are thinking, this year,

终于,你们很多人都已经知道,

when they finally came out with "Brave."

今年他们终于推出了《勇敢传说》。

I recommend it to all of you. It's on demand now.

我向你们所有人推荐这部电影。现在正在上映。

Do you remember what the critics said when "Brave" came out?

你还记得《勇敢传说》刚上映时的批评么?

"Aw, I can't believe Pixar made a princess movie."

“哦,不敢相信皮克斯也开始做公主电影了。”

It's very good. Don't let that stop you.

这很好。别止步。

Now, almost none of these movies pass the Bechdel Test.

现在,这些电影几乎都没有通过“贝克德尔测试”(Bechdel Test)。

I don't know if you've heard of this.

我不知道你们是否听说过,

It has not yet caught on and caught fire,

这个测试并不为人所知,

but maybe today we will start a movement.

但是今天或许我们能做些推动。

演讲简介

当科林·斯托克斯三岁大的儿子看到《星球大战》,就立刻沉迷其中了。但是他从中学到了什么?科林·斯托克斯希望电影向男孩子们传递更多的好的信息:注重合作,尊重女性,战胜邪恶。


NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

微信:0012133598196

详情查看:NSDA(全美演讲与辩论联盟)赛事活动诚招全国各城市合作伙伴

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据