TED演讲之性别无限:拥抱你的内心少女(2)
I want to talk a little bit about
我今天就希望讲讲这一点
the Democratic Republic of Congo.
首先是民主刚果共和国
For me, it was the turning point of my life.
对我来说,那是一个人生的转折点
I have spent a lot of time there in the last three years.
过去三年,我在那里度过了相当长的一段时间
I feel up to that point I had seen a lot in the world,
在那以前,我觉得自己领略过人间万象
a lot of violence.
各种的暴力
I essentially lived in the rape mines of the world for the last 12 years.
事实上,过去12年里我生活在世界许多强奸重灾区中
But the Democratic Republic of Congo
但是,民主刚果
really was the turning point in my soul.
确实成为了我心灵的转折点
I went and I spent time
我那时候去的是一个叫
in a place called Bukavu
布卡武的地方
in a hospital called the Panzi Hospital,
我就在当地的潘伊医院
with a doctor who was as close to a saint as any person I've ever met.
我遇到了一个医生,他是我见过的最接近圣人的一位
His name is Dr. Denis Mukwege.
他的名字是登尼斯·穆维格
In the Congo, for those of you who don't know,
假如你还不知道,在过去的12年,里,
there has been a war raging for the last 12 years,
刚果民主共和国一直在经历内战
a war that has killed nearly six million people.
那场战争使得六百万人丧命
It is estimated that somewhere between 300,000 and 500,000 women
据估计,有三十万到五十万的妇女
have been raped there.
在战争中被强暴
When I spent my first weeks at Panzi hospital
我在潘伊医院第一周的时候
I sat with women
我和那里的妇女坐在一起
who sat and lined up every day to tell me their stories.
她们会坐起来,一个一个的跟我讲故事
Their stories were so horrific,
她们的故事是如此的让人感到恐怖
and so mind-blowing and so on the other side of human existence,
让人震撼不已,展现了人类生存状况得另一面,
that to be perfectly honest with you, I was shattered.
说实话,听了那些故事,我心都碎了。
And I will tell you that what happened
我慢慢的告诉大家一些故事吧
is through that shattering,
正是因为那种被撕裂的感觉
listening to the stories of eight-year-old girls who had their insides eviscerated,
那种聆听八岁的女孩将心底之故事全盘托出的经历
who had guns and bayonets and things shoved inside them
她们的身体都曾遭枪或长剑的凌辱
so they had holes, literally, inside them
她们的身体上的的确确是存在这样那样的洞
where their pee and poop came out of them.
她们的排泄物都是从那里排出的
Listening to the story of 80-year-old women
还有聆听八十岁的老妇人告诉我
who were tied to chains and circled,
她们曾被绑在铁链上,串成一圈儿,
and where groups of men would come and rape them periodically,
一群男人然后就不定时的进来,轮奸她们
all in the name of economic exploitation
这一切,都是在经济扩张的名义下进行的
to steal the minerals so the West can have it and profit from them.
大公司开掘矿藏,这样他们就可以收获渔利
My mind was so shattered.
我的内心被撕裂了
But what happened for me is that that shattering
但对于我来说,那种撕裂反而
actually emboldened me
使得我变得更加坚强
in a way I have never been emboldened.
那也是从来没有过的
That shattering, that opening of my girl cell,
我的女孩细胞也由此而打开
that kind of massive breakthrough of my heart
我的心灵获得巨大突破
allowed me to become more courageous, and braver,
我的心灵获得巨大突破,都使我变得更勇敢
and actually more clever
也变得更加聪明
than I had been in the past in my life.
这是以前从未有过的
I want to say that I think the powers that be
另外我想说,有一种必须让人知道的力量,
know that empire-building
其实,感情是阻碍帝国大厦成为帝国大厦的
is actually — that feelings get in the way of empire-building.
帝国大厦,
Feelings get in the way of the mass acquisition of the Earth,
良知会阻挡人们疯狂挖掘地球资源
and excavating the Earth, and destroying things.
掏空地球,毁灭万物。
I remember, for example, when my father,
我记得,我的父亲,他是非常非常暴力的一个人
who was very, very violent, used to beat me.
他常打我
And he would actually say, while he was beating me,
他,在打我的时候,会这么跟我说,
"Don't you cry. Don't you dare cry."
“你为什么不哭?你不敢哭吗?”
Because my crying somehow exposed his brutality to him.
因为只要我哭,他也许就会感到自己的暴力
And even in the moment he didn't want to be reminded
即便当时他并不想
of what he was doing.
被提醒他正在做什么
I know that we have systematically annihilated the girl cell.
我只知道,我们的社会系统性地歼灭了女孩细胞
And I want to say we've annihilated it in men as well as in women.
不单在男人身上,也在女人身上
And I think in some ways
我认为,
we've been much harsher to men
在某种程度
in the annihilation of their girl cell.
人们更残忍地对待男人身上的“女孩细胞”
I see how boys have been brought up, and I see this across the planet:
我看到男孩子是如何被养大的,全世界都是这样
to be tough, to be hardened,
家长都会希望自己的孩子变得更壮、更坚强
to distance themselves from their tenderness, to not cry.
远离脆弱,不要哭泣
演讲简介:
在这个充满激情的演讲里,Eve Ensler阐述了我们每个人内心都有一个少女的观点。但我们都被要求去压制这一内心少女。她也讲到了世界各地勇敢的女孩逆境里求得生存的故事,充分显现了内心少女的力量
NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。
我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。
微信:0012133598196