TED演讲:慈悲心与感同身受的真正涵义(2)

And Yudhisthira replied,

尤帝士提尔答道,

The most wondrous thing in the world is that all around us people can be dying and we don't realize it can happen to us.

世上最美妙的事情就是我们所有人都将死去,而我们对此却一无所知。

I looked up.

我仰起头。

Tending those 31 dying people were young women from villages around Bangalore.

照顾这31个濒死者的是来自班加罗尔周边村子的年轻女性。

I looked into the face of one of these women,

我看着她们的脸,

and I saw in her face the strength that arises when natural compassion is really present.

在她们的脸上我看到慈悲显现时升起的力量。

I watched her hands as she bathed an old man.

我看着她的手她在给一个老年男人沐浴。

My gaze went to another young woman as she wiped the face of another dying person.

我转头望向另一个年轻女子,她在擦拭另一位临死的人的脸。

And it reminded me of something that I had just been present for.

这让我想起我刚刚演讲提到的那些内容。

Every year or so,

差不多每一年,

I have the privilege of taking clinicians into the Himalayas and the Tibetan Plateau.

我由此荣幸身负使命进入喜马拉雅地区和西藏高原。

And we run clinics in these very remote regions where there's no medical care whatsoever.

我们在每一个遥远的区域开设诊所,那里没有医疗护理此类。

And on the first day at Simikot in Humla,

我们在胡姆拉的Simikot的头一天,

far west of Nepal,

在尼泊尔的最西端,

the most impoverished region of Nepal,

全国最贫困的地区,

an old man came in clutching a bundle of rags.

一个抱着一堆破烂布片的老人走进来。

And he walked in, and somebody said something to him,

他进了门,有人招呼他,

we realized he was deaf,

然后我们发现他是耳聋,

and we looked into the rags,

我们看看那堆布片,

and there was this pair of eyes.

里头露出一双眼睛来。

佛教徒琼·哈利法克斯从事的工作是为临终前的人们送行(无论是在安养院还是面对死刑犯)。她与我们分享在面对死亡时她对慈悲心的认识和她对感同身受的深刻体会。


NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

微信:0012133598196

详情查看:NSDA(全美演讲与辩论联盟)赛事活动诚招全国各城市合作伙伴

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据