TED演讲之游戏的力量:游戏创造美好生活

I'm Jane McGonigal. I'm a game designer.

我叫JaneMcGonigal,我是一名游戏设计师

I've been making games online now for 10 years,

我从事网络游戏设计已经10年了

and my goal for the next decade

我未来十年的目标

is to try to make it as easy

就是希望能让

to save the world in real life

就像玩网络游戏那样

as it is to save the world in online games.

简单的解决现实生活中的问题

Now, I have a plan for this,

现在,我将解释一下我这么说的原因

and it entails convincing more people,

如果人们能玩到一些更大型、更优秀的游戏

including all of you, to spend more time

当然包括在座的诸位,并且能花费更多的时间在游戏上

playing bigger and better games.

你会觉得我的解释更有说服力

Right now we spend three billion hours a week

现如今的人们用在网络游戏上的时间可以达到每周30亿小时

playing online games.

现如今的人们用在网络游戏上的时间可以达到每周30亿小时

Some of you might be thinking,

你们当中有些人可能会觉得

"That's a lot of time to spend playing games.

“花费了这么多时间玩游戏啊”

Maybe too much time, considering

也许有些多了,因为考虑到

how many urgent problems we have to solve in the real world."

现实生活中有很多的紧迫的问题需要我们去处理

But actually, according to my research

但是,根据我在未来问题研究所

at The Institute For The Future,

对相关问题的研究

it's actually the opposite is true.

我们花费在游戏上的时间一点也不多

Three billion hours a week is not nearly enough

每周30亿小时的游戏世间对于解决现实生活中的问题来说远远不足

game play to solve the world's most urgent problems.

每周30亿小时的游戏世间对于解决现实生活中的问题来说远远不足

In fact, I believe that if we want to survive

事实上,我觉得为了能更好得在地球上生存

the next century on this planet,

事实上,我觉得为了能更好得在地球上生存

we need to increase that total dramatically.

我们需要大量增加游戏时间

I've calculated the total we need

我曾经计算过,我们所需要的游戏时间

at 21 billion hours of game play every week.

是每周210亿小时

So, that's probably a bit of a counterintuitive idea,

也许这有些违背常理

so I'll say it again, let it sink in:

但,我想重新说一遍,以便于让这种观念被充分理解

If we want to solve problems like hunger,

如果我们想解决诸如饥饿、

poverty, climate change, global conflict, obesity,

贫困、气候变化、全球冲突、肥胖等问题

I believe that we need to aspire

我坚信我们需要被鼓励

to play games online

人们去玩网络游戏

for at least 21 billion hours a week,

而且每周至少210亿小时

by the end of the next decade. (Laughter)

当然,这将会在十年以后(笑声)

No. I'm serious. I am.

其实,我是很认真的,不是玩笑

Here's why. This picture pretty much

这里是解释,我们把这种场景集合起来

sums up why I think games are so essential

就是之所以游戏对人类种族

to the future survival of the human species.Truly.

能在未来生存非常重要的原因。真的

This is a portrait by a photographer named Phil Toledano.

这是一幅由Phil Toldano拍摄的肖像

He wanted to capture the emotion of gaming,

他想捕捉玩游戏时的一些情感变化

so he set up a camera in front of gamers while they were playing.

因此,他把摄影仪器放在正在玩游戏的游戏玩家面前

And this is a classic gaming emotion.

这是一幅游戏玩家的经典表情

Now, if you're not a gamer,

现在,如果你不是一个游戏玩家

you might miss some of the nuance in this photo.

你就不会察觉出这幅照片中的真正内涵

You probably see the sense of urgency,

你可能会感觉到紧迫、

a little bit of fear, but intense concentration,

一丝的恐惧,而不是精神的高度集中

deep, deep focus on tackling a really difficult problem.

抑或者是集中精力在解决一个难题

If you are a gamer, you will notice

如果你是一位游戏玩家,你就会感觉到一些不同东西

a few nuances here: the crinkle of the eyes up, and around the mouth

眼角周围的褶皱是向上的,包括嘴角周围的褶皱也是一样的

is a sign of optimism,

这是一个非常乐观的迹象

and the eyebrows up is surprise.

并且,眉毛向上翘起是惊讶的标志

This is a gamer who is on the verge of something called

这说明,这个游戏玩家即将在游戏中获得

an epic win.

史诗般胜利

Oh, you've heard of that. OK, good,

你们曾经听说过这个词,不错

so we have some gamers among us.

也就是说你们当中有些是游戏玩家

An epic win is an outcome

这个史诗般的胜利是一个结果

that is so extraordinarily positive

但是它非常令人振奋

you had no idea it was even possible until you achieved it.

在得到这个胜利之前你甚至不曾想到竟然能取得成功

It was almost beyond the threshold of imagination.

这个成功甚至超出了你的想象

And when you get there you are shocked

当你一旦达到并完成,你就会被自己的技能所震撼

to discover what you are truly capable of. That is an epic win.

这就是所谓的“史诗般的胜利”

This is a gamer on the verge of an epic win.

而这个玩家即将取得这样的胜利

And this is the face that we need to see

同时,这也是在下个世纪,

on millions of problem-solvers all over the world

我们所期望的在处理全球众多问题

as we try to tackle the obstacles of the next century —

排除各种障碍时露出的表情

the face of someone who, against all odds

能排除万难的人

is on the verge of an epic win.

是无往不胜的

Now, unfortunately this is more of the face that we see

现在,不幸的是,当我们处理日常生活中各种紧急事件的时候,

in everyday life now as we try to tackle urgent problems.

我们往往看到的是这个表情

This is what I call the "I'm Not Good At Life" face,

通常我称这个为“不擅长生活”表情

and this is actually me making it. Can you see? Yes. Good.

事实上是我自己做出的这个,能否从中看出来呢?好的

演讲简介

像《魔兽世界》这样的游戏,提供了一个让玩家在虚拟空间充当救世主的角色,并且同时激励这些玩家学习那些英雄们所具有的良好品质。那么我们能否利用这种机制去解决现实世界中的问题呢?Jane McGonigal说可以,并且给出了她的理由。


NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

微信:0012133598196

详情查看:NSDA(全美演讲与辩论联盟)赛事活动诚招全国各城市合作伙伴

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据