Twitter创始人Jack Dorsey演讲 :错误时间产生的好想法

That is really where a lot of my focus has been on.

我把很多精力放在这上面

It's visualizing data, visualizing information,

这些数据和信息变得看得见,摸得着

moving around in real time.

在不断实时运转着

I took that concept and eventually

我接受了这个概念

in 2000 realized that I had

最终在2000年我意识到

this beautiful picture of the city

我虽然勾画出了这个城市的美丽图景

but it was all verticals.

但它都是垂直的线

There were no people in it.

里面没有人

Where are all the people in the city?

城市里的人都到哪去了?

That's when I started working on a very,

这时,我开始研究一个

very simple prototype based on

非常简单的原型

some inspiration from Instant Messenger

我从具有离开状态功能的即时通讯服务

with the Away status and also a service

和博客托管的服务

called LiveJournal,

中汲取了灵感

which was a very simple journal

它是一种很简单的

blogging application that allowed

博客应用程序

you to compose a blog post and

它可以让你撰写的博客文章

it would go to a friend's page.

出现朋友的页面上

I also had the first BlackBerry because

我还第一次用上了黑莓手机

I was still working in dispatch at the time.

因为那时我还在忙调度的事情

It was called the RIM 850.

叫做RIM 850

It was basically just an email pager.

它基本上只是一个邮件呼机

But what it allowed is I could be anywhere in the world

但它可以让我在世界任何地方

anywhere in the city,

或是在这个城市的任何地方

and I could share what I was doing and maybe

和别人分享我在做什么

I could also see what other people were doing.

分享我看到别人在做什么

So, I wrote some very simple software to receive an

所以我编写一些很简单的软件

email from my BlackBerry and then send it out to an

来接收我的黑莓手机发来的邮件

email list of some people I put on that list,

然后将其转发给一个邮件列表

with my friends and my family on it.

这个列表上有我的朋友和家人

I got that done in about a day.

我用一天时间才做完

Then, I went out to Golden Gate Park

接着我去了金门公园

and I went to the Bison Paddock.

去了野牛帕多克

We do have live bison in San Francisco,

我们旧金山确实有野牛

if you haven't seen it.

不过你可能没见过

They're awesome.

它们太棒了

And I typed out an email that said,

我写出了一封邮件说

"I'm at Golden Gate Park watching the bison."

我在金门公园看野牛

It went out to my service and

邮件按我的想法发了出去

was broadcast out to all these people.

让这些人都可以看到

I merely recognized two things.

然而,这只让我看清了两件事

First, no one cared what I was doing.

第一,没有人在乎我在做什么

Second, no one else had a BlackBerry.

第二,其他人都没有黑莓手机

So, I was alone in my sharing and also receiving.

所以只有我一个人在分享和接收我的信息

So, I was getting my information back.

所以我只是让我的信息又回到我这里了

Wrong time, good idea, put it on the shelf.

错误的时间,好的想法,还是搁置比较好


NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

微信:0012133598196

详情查看:NSDA(全美演讲与辩论联盟)赛事活动诚招全国各城市合作伙伴

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据