TED演讲:错误引导的艺术(2)

WordPress数据库错误: [Got error 28 from storage engine]
SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS wp_posts.*, yarpp.score FROM wp_posts join wp_yarpp_related_cache as yarpp on wp_posts.ID = yarpp.ID WHERE 1=1 AND yarpp.score >= 1 and yarpp.reference_ID = 98640 AND wp_posts.post_type = 'post' ORDER BY score DESC, wp_posts.ID ASC limit 10

Pardon me.

不好意思。

I don't think I need this clicker anymore. You can have that.

我觉得我不需要这个遥控器了,给你吧。

Thank you very much. I appreciate that.

谢谢,非常感谢!

Come on up to the stage, Joe. Let's play a little game now.

请上台,乔。我们玩个游戏吧!

Do you have anything in your front pockets?

你前面的裤袋里有什么东西吗? 乔:现金。

Money. All right, let's try that.

罗宾:现金,很好,让我们试试。

Can you stand right over this way for me?

你能站到这边来吗?

Turn around and, let's see,

请转过来。

if I give you something that belongs to me,

嗯,如果我把我的东西给你,

this is just something I have, a poker chip.

我有一枚扑克筹码,

Hold out your hand for me. Watch it kind of closely.

把你的手拿出来,看好了。

Now this is a task for you to focus on.

现在需要你专注地做一件事。

Now you have your money in your front pocket here? Joe: Yup.

你前面裤袋里有现金,对吗? 乔:是的。

AR: Good. I'm not going to actually put my hand in your pocket.

罗宾:很好,我可没打算把手伸到你口袋里,

I'm not ready for that kind of commitment.

我还没准备好心理准备。

One time a guy had a hole in his pocket,

之前有一次碰到一个人,他的口袋里有个洞,

and that was rather traumatizing for me.

那次经历给我留下了巨大的心理阴影。

I was looking for his wallet and he gave me his phone number.

我本来是在找他的钱包,结果他给了我他的电话号码。

It was a big miscommunication.

真是个巨大的误会。

So let's do this simply. Squeeze your hand.

我们开始吧,请握紧你的手。

Squeeze it tight. Do you feel the poker chip in your hand? Joe: I do.

紧紧地握着,能感觉到手中的筹码吗? 乔:能。

AR: Would you be surprised if I could take it out of your hand? Say yes.

罗宾:如果我能将它从你手中取出,你会惊讶吗?请说“会”。

Joe: Very. AR: Good.

乔:我会非常惊讶。 罗宾:很好。

Open your hand. Thank you very much.

张开手。谢谢!

I'll cheat if you give me a chance.

如果你稍有疏忽,我是会作弊的。

Make it harder for me. Just use your hand.

现在给我加大点难度。

Grab my wrist, but squeeze, squeeze firm.

用你的手抓住我的手腕,死死地抓紧。

Did you see it go?

你看到筹码溜走了吗?

Joe: No. AR: No, it's not here. Open your hand.

乔:没有。 罗宾:没有,但它不在这,张开手。

See, while we're focused on the hand,

看到了吧,当我们专注于手的时候,

it's sitting on your shoulder right now.

它其实已经落到了你的肩膀上。

Go ahead and take it off.

请将它取下。

Now, let's try that again.

现在,让我们再来一遍。

Hold your hand out flat. Open it up all the way.

把手张开,张到最大。

Put your hand up a little bit higher, but watch it close there, Joe.

请稍微抬起一点,但是要紧紧看着它。

See, if I did it slowly, it'd be back on your shoulder.

看,如果我动作慢一点,它还是会回到你肩膀上。

(Laughter)

(笑声)

Joe, we're going to keep doing this till you catch it.

乔,我们可以一直这样做,直到你抓住它为止。

You're going to get it eventually. I have faith in you.

你最终会抓住它的,我相信你。

Squeeze firm. You're human, you're not slow.

抓紧了。作为人类,你动作敏捷。

It's back on your shoulder.

它又回到你肩膀上了。

You were focused on your hand. That's why you were distracted.

刚才你一直专注于你的手,所以你的注意力转移了。

While you were watching this, I couldn't quite get your watch off. It was difficult.

当你专注手的时候,我不能取下你的手表,太难了。

Yet you had something inside your front pocket.

但是你前方口袋里还有东西,

Do you remember what it was?

你还记得里面装着什么吗?

Joe: Money.

乔:现金

AR: Check your pocket. See if it's still there. Is it still there? (Laughter)

罗宾:检查下你的口袋,看看现金还在不在,还在吗? (笑声)

Oh, that's where it was. Go ahead and put it away.

哦,它在这儿呢,请将它放回去。

We're just shopping. This trick's more about the timing, really.

我们只是到处看看。这个游戏更多的是对时间的把握。

I'm going to try to push it inside your hand.

我接下来会把它放在你手里。

Put your other hand on top for me, would you?

能把你的另一只手放在上面吗?

It's amazingly obvious now, isn't it?

这一切出乎意料的显而易见,不是吗?

It looks a lot like the watch I was wearing, doesn't it?

这很像我现在带着的手表,对吗?

(Laughter) (Applause)

(笑声)(掌声)

Joe: That's pretty good. That's pretty good. AR: Oh, thanks.

乔:这太神奇了。 罗宾:谢谢!

But it's only a start. Let's try it again, a little bit differently.

这仅仅是个开始。我们再来一次,但这次有点不同。

Hold your hands together. Put your other hand on top.

把你的手放在一起,把另一只手放在上面,

Now if you're watching this little token,

当你在注视这枚筹码的时候,

this obviously has become a little target. It's like a red herring.

这就成了一个小目标,就像是红色的鲱鱼。

If we watch this kind of close, it looks like it goes away.

如果我们认真盯着它,好像它已经溜走了。

It's not back on your shoulder.

这次它不在你肩膀上,

It falls out of the air, lands right back in the hand.

它从空中掉下来,落在了手上。

Did you see it go?

看清楚了吗?

Yeah, it's funny. We've got a little guy. He's union. He works up there all day.

嗯,是很有趣。 上面有个人,跟我一伙儿的,整天干这事儿。

If I did it slowly, if it goes straightaway,

如果我做得慢点,它马上就溜走了,

it lands down by your pocket. I believe is it in this pocket, sir?

这次它降落在你的口袋里了。在你的口袋里吗?

No, don't reach in your pocket. That's a different show.

别,别把手伸进口袋,那是另外一个节目。

So — (Squeaking noise) — that's rather strange. They have shots for that.

嗯,(吱吱声)这是有点儿奇怪,可以打针。

Can I show them what that is? That's rather bizarre. Is this yours, sir?

我能给大家展示一下这个吗? 真奇怪。先生,请问这是你的吗?

I have no idea how that works. We'll just send that over there.

我不知道这是怎么回事。我们把它放那儿就好了。

That's great. I need help with this one.

很好,我这儿需要一点帮助。

Step over this way for me.

请站到这边来。

Now don't run away. You had something down by your pants pocket.

请别跑,你裤子口袋里还有点儿东西。

I was checking mine. I couldn't find everything,

我在找,可是怎么也找不到,

but I noticed you had something here.

但我注意到你那儿似乎有点东西。

Can I feel the outside of your pocket for a moment?

我能摸一下你的口袋外面吗?

Down here I noticed this. Is this something of yours, sir?

我发现了这玩意儿。先生,请问这是你的吗?

Is this? I have no idea. That's a shrimp.

是吗?我完全不知道是怎么回事,那是一只虾。

Joe: Yeah. I'm saving it for later.

乔:嗯,这是我为晚点时间准备的。

AR: You've entertained all of these people in a wonderful way,

罗宾:你给在场所有人带来了欢乐,

better than you know.

比你想象的还要好。

So we'd love to give you this lovely watch as a gift. (Laughter)

所以我想把这块手表送给你以示感谢(笑声),

Hopefully it matches his taste.

希望它合你口味。

But also, we have a couple of other things,

此外,我还有其他礼物要送给你,

a little bit of cash, and then we have a few other things.

一点现金,还有点其他东西,

These all belong to you,

这些都是你的,

along with a big round of applause from all your friends. (Applause)

还有来自现场朋友的热烈掌声。(掌声)

Joe, thank you very much.

乔:谢谢。

(Applause)

(掌声)

So, same question I asked you before,

那么,我想再问一遍最开始的问题,

but this time you don't have to close your eyes.

但这次不需要你们闭上眼睛,

What am I wearing?

我今天穿了什么?

(Laughter)

(笑声)

(Applause)

(掌声)

Attention is a powerful thing.

注意力是非常强大的东西。

Like I said, it shapes your reality.

正如我之前所说的,它决定了你的现实世界。

So, I guess I'd like to pose that question to you.

所以,我想问大家一个问题,

If you could control somebody's attention,

如果你能控制一个人的注意力,

what would you do with it?

你会用它做什么?

Thank you.

谢谢

视频简介:

阿波罗·罗宾被誉为世界上最伟大的扒手,他通过偷手表来了解人类的行为习惯。 通过一场生动有趣的演示,罗宾在TEDGlobal 2013现场随机选择参与者,向我们演示了认知中的瑕疵使得他能够在参与者毫不知情的情况下成功窃取钱包,并将其放在参与者肩上。


NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

微信:0012133598196

详情查看:NSDA(全美演讲与辩论联盟)赛事活动诚招全国各城市合作伙伴

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据