TED演讲:未来掌管着什么?(1)

First of all, for those of you who

首先,对你们所有

are not familiar with my work,

不熟悉我的工作的人,

I create multicultural characters,

我创造了一个多重角色,

so characters from lots of different backgrounds.

那些角色具有多个不同背景

So before the present is the new future,

那样,现在的前面是一个新的未来,

a bit about the past is that I grew up in a family

关于我的一点儿过去是,我成长在一个家庭

that was multi-everything — multi-racial, multi-cultural,

有着多种-每一样东西-多种-种族,多种-文化

black and white, Caribbean,

黑和白,加勒比海的,

Irish-American, German-American.

爱尔兰美国人,德裔美国人。

There was Dominican music blasting from stereos.

有多米尼克德音乐从音响里迸发。

There were Christians and Jews.

有基督徒和犹太人。

That's a long story filled with

那是一个长长的故事充满了

intrigue and interfaith guilt and shame.

纠葛和信仰的付疚感和羞耻感。

But I was totally immersed in this world

但我完全地沐浴在这个

that was filled with everybody,

充满了每个人的世界

and then I went on to the United Nations school,

后来我去了联合国学校

and that just completely all”

就这样完成了-

So I began sort of developing these voices

我开始发现这些声音

and these people,

和这些人,

all of whom were loosely based on people I really know,

都是那些我不太熟悉的人,

and so, for example, in performing them,

于是,举个例子说,为了表演他们

I would really try to inhabit them.

我就真的努力去和他们融合在一起。

And for example,

比如

I don't really talk like that,

我真的不想那样说话

but that was one of my people,

但那是我的人中间的一个

and I'm going to bring a few of my friends —

我将带来我的几个朋友

I think of them as my friends ”

我把他们当作我的朋友-

to this stage, in this spirit of the idea

在这个讲台上,在这个观念的精华里面

that the present is the new future,

现在就是一个新的将来

in sort of a meta way,

在某种相关的路上

because I thought about it, and the future, for me,

因为我思考着它,未来,我的,

what can be so frightening

有什么是那么可怕的?

is that I don't know what's coming.

是我不知道有什么会发生。

I don't know if that's true for other people,

我不知道那对别人也是真的

but that notion of thinking about

但那个概念是思考

how we can understand the future

我们该如何理解未来

and predict outcomes,

并且预计结果

for me, it's terrifying to not know what might be coming.

对我来说,不知道即将来临的事情会很可怕。

And so the idea that there are questions

于是这个主意就有些

that I've never seen

我从没明白的问题,

that my people are going to answer,

那是我的人要回答的,

and some of these characters have been with me for ages,

有些角色已经跟着我有很多年了,

some of them don't even have names,

他们中的一些连名字都没有

I don't know what's going to happen.

我不知道将会发生些什么。

I don't know what's coming,

也不知道结果怎样

and all I can do is remind myself

我所能做的就是提醒自己

that I told Chris I'd fly by the seat of my pants,

我告诉克瑞斯我会飞到我的长裤的坐位上

and now that I'm up here it sort of feels like

现在我来到这儿,就让我感觉像

that dream where you don't have any pants on,

那种梦里你没有穿裤子的感觉,

and so I suppose I'm going to be

那样我应该是

flying by the seat of my ass.

坐到我的屁股旁边上的位置上飞行

That said, let's just see who comes out.

那就是说,让我们看看谁会来。

May we have the first question:

我们可以有第一个问题:

"Do you ever get headaches

“你曾经感觉

from the microchips implanted in your brain?"

从微芯片植入你的大脑那里而来的疼痛吗?”

Right.

对了

Okay.

好的。

Well first of all, I'll just say

好了, 首先,我只会说

that I hope you can hear me okay.

我希望你们可以听到我。

My name is Lorraine Levine,

我的名字是罗伦尼.列文,

and the idea of microchips implanted in my brain,

我的脑子里植入微芯片的主意,

frankly, just putting on my glasses reminds me

友好地说,当我戴上眼镜的时候就让我想起来了

of thank God I'm not wearing the Google Glasses.

感谢上帝,我没有带上谷歌眼睛

No offense to them. I'm glad that you all enjoy them,

我并不反感他们, 我很高兴你们都喜欢,

but at my age,

但在我的年纪,

just putting on the regular ones I have

只是带上我的普通的那种

already gives me too much information.

已经给了我太多的信息。

Do you understand what I'm saying to you?

你理解我对你们说的吗?

I don't need to know more. I don't want to know.

我不需要知道更多的。我不想知道啦。

That's it. That's enough.

就是那样,那就够了。

I love you all. You're wonderful.

我爱你们所有的人。你们都是美妙的。

It's fabulous to be here with such big machers

它是多么好啊在这儿和这么多重要的人在一起

again this year. Mwah!

今年的又一次机会。姆哇!

Okay, next question. (Applause)

好了,下一个问题。(鼓掌)

Next, please.

下一个,有请。

"Is dating boring,

“约会很没劲吧,

now that humans reproduce asexually?"

现在人类可以单性繁殖了?”

视频简介:

沙拉.琼斯随着简单的一出更换而改变人物。在一个开怀大笑的表演中,她邀请了11个未来的“朋友”来到讲台——从开始的拉丁人到直言不讳的警察官——问他们那些我们想有回答的问题。


NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

微信:0012133598196

详情查看:NSDA(全美演讲与辩论联盟)赛事活动诚招全国各城市合作伙伴

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据