奥巴马每周电视讲话:总统呼吁国会为经济发展努力

Hi, everybody.

嗨,大家好。

Over the past four and a half years,

回首过去的4年半,

we've been fighting our way back from an economic crisis and punishing recession that cost millions of Americans their jobs,

我们用自己的方式击退了经济危机,惩罚了造成衰退的人,此次危机让数百万人失去工作、

their homes, and the sense of security they'd worked so hard to build.

失去家园、失去了他们勤劳工作换来的安全感。

And thanks to the grit and determination of the American people,

而且正因为的美国人的刚强和坚决,

our businesses have now created nearly 7 million new jobs over the past 38 months.

我们的企业才能在过去38个月里创造近700万个工作岗位。

An auto industry that was flat lining is once again the heartbeat of American manufacturing,

曾经濒临死亡的汽车产业再次成为美国制造业的核心,

with Americans buying more cars than we have in five years.

美国人民买的车比过去5年买的还要多。

Within the next few months,

在未来几个月,

we're projected to begin producing more of our own crude oil at home than we buy from other countries,

我们计划在国内开采更多原油,超过我们从其他国家的进口量,

the first time that's happened in 16 years.

这在16年来还是第一次。

Deficits that were growing for years are now shrinking at the fastest rate in decades.

连续增长多年的财政赤字现在也以10年来最快的速度下降。

The rise of health care costs is slowing, too.

医保成本的疯涨也在减缓。

And a housing market that was in tatters is showing new signs of real strength.

而且破败的房地产市场现在呈现先出强劲的增长势头。

Sales are rising.

销售上涨,

Foreclosures are declining. Construction is expanding.

强制抵押下降。新的工程也正在动工。

And home prices that are rising at the fastest rate in nearly seven years are helping a lot of families breathe a lot easier.

房屋价格也正以近7年来最快的速度上涨,这给了大量家庭更多喘息之机。

Now we need to do more.

但我们还需要做的更多。

This week, my administration announced that we're extending a program to help more responsible families modify their mortgages so they can stay in their homes.

本周政府宣布实施一项计划,帮助更多负责任的家庭调整房屋抵押贷款保留其房产。

But to keep our housing market and our economy growing, Congress needs to step up and do its part.

但为了保持房地产市场和经济继续增长,国会需要站出来做好自己的工作。

Members of Congress will be coming back next week for an important month of work.

议员们下周就将重返岗位开始一个月的重要工作。

We've got to keep this progress going until middle-class families start regaining that sense of security.

我们要继续保持这样的进展,直到中产家庭重新感到安全感。

And we can't let partisan politics get in the way.

而不能让党派之争成为我们前进的绊脚石。

Congress should pass a law giving every responsible homeowner the chance to save about $3,000 a year on their mortgage by refinancing at historically low interest rates.

国会应该通过一项法律,让每一位有责任心的房主有机会利用难得的低利率重新转按揭贷款,这样每年可节约近3000元。

Congress should put more Americans to work rebuilding our crumbling roads and bridges,

国会还应让更多美国人重返工作岗位,重建我们破败不堪的道路和桥梁,

like the one that collapsed last week in Washington state.

在上周华盛顿州的一座桥梁就塌了。

We'd all be safer, and the unemployment rate would fall faster.

我们会更安全,也能让失业率更快下降。

And Congress should fix our broken immigration system by passing commonsense reform that continues to strengthen our borders;

而且国会还应通过改革修补漏洞百出的移民体系,这包括继续巩固边境巡逻安保;

holds employers accountable;

让雇主负起责任;

provides a pathway to earned citizenship;

提供公民获得身份的途径;

and also modernizes our legal immigration system so that we're reuniting families and attracting the highly-skilled entrepreneurs and engineers who will help our economy grow.

适应形势调整合法移民体系,让众多家庭团聚,吸引高技能的企业家和工程师促进我们的经济增长。

So there are a lot of reasons to feel optimistic about where we're headed as a country-especially after all we've fought through together.

因此我们有太多理由因为国家前进的方向感到乐观,尤其是通过我们的团结奋战。

We've just got to keep going.

我们要继续前进。

Because we've got more good jobs to create.

因为我们还要创造更多工作岗位。

We've got more kids to educate.

让更多孩子接受教育。

We've got more doors of opportunity to open for anyone who's willing to work hard enough to walk through those doors.

让任何一个希望通过自身的努力的人获得通向成功之门的机会。

And if we work together, I'm as confident as I've ever been that we'll get to where we need to be.

只要共同努力,我相信我们一定能达到新目标。

Thanks and have a great weekend.

谢谢大家,祝你们周末愉快!


NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

微信:0012133598196

详情查看:NSDA(全美演讲与辩论联盟)赛事活动诚招全国各城市合作伙伴

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据