TED演讲:如何安全发送色情短信(3)
According to researchers at the University of New Hampshire
根据新罕布什尔大学的调查研究,
seven percent of all child pornography possession arrests are teens, sexting consensually with other teens.
因儿童色情被捕的人群中,有百分之七都是青少年,而他们都是两厢情愿的发送色情短信。
Child pornography is a serious crime, but it's just not the same thing as teen sexting.
儿童色情是重罪,但是与青少年的色情短信还是有所差异的。
Parents and educators are also responding to sexting without really thinking too much about consent.
很多父母和教育工作者也都往往不假思索的对色情短信作出反应,而不去认真思考同意的问题。
Their message to teens is often: just don't do it.
他们往往冷冰冰的告诉孩子们:不要这么做。
And I totally get it — there are serious legal risks and of course, that potential for privacy violations.
我也完全明白–当然这其中包含很严重的法律风险,也可能触犯私人隐私。
And when you were a teen, I'm sure you did exactly as you were told, right?
你们还是青少年的时候,肯定也按吩咐办事,对吧?
You're probably thinking, my kid would never sext.
你可能认为我的孩子从不发色情短信。
And that's true, your little angel may not be sexting because only 33 percent of 16- and 17-year-olds are sexting.
的确,你的小宝贝可能不会发色情短信,因为16到17岁这个年龄段里,只有百分之三十三的人会发送色情短信。
But, sorry, by the time they're older, odds are they will be sexting.
但是,当他们长大些,概率是他们会发送色情短信。
Every study I've seen puts the rate above 50 percent for 18- to 24-year-olds.
每一个我所看过的研究显示,18到24岁人群中发送色情短信的人数过半。
And most of the time, nothing goes wrong. People ask me all the time things like, isn't sexting just so dangerous, though?
大多情况下,这也没有出现什么问题。人们总问我发色情短信不是很危险吗?
It's like you wouldn't leave your wallet on a park bench and you expect it's going to get stolen if you do that, right?
就像你不会把你的钱包落在公园椅子上,因为你觉得这样做,钱包会被偷,对吧?
Here's how I think about it: sexting is like leaving your wallet at your boyfriend's house.
我觉得是这样的:发色情短信就如把钱包丢在了男友家里一样。
If you come back the next day and all the money is just gone, you really need to dump that guy.
如果你第二天回来发现钱都没了的话,你真的可以把他甩了。
So instead of criminalizing sexting to try to prevent these privacy violations,
所以,与其将发送色情短信违法化以此来试图防止隐私侵犯,
instead we need to make consent central to how we think about the circulation of our private information.
我们可以将同意,当作我们如何看待我们隐私信息的传播的中心。
NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴
NSDA认证项目SDcamps全国英语演讲大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招部分省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动等多方面合作。
我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA赛事。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。
具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。
详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn
微信:0012133598196