TED演讲:取消订阅邮件的苦恼(4)

I'll be honest, then my relationship with Dan deteriorated somewhat, because the next email I got was this:

实话实说,那之后我跟Dan的关系在某种程度上就恶化了,因为我发现下一封邮件是这样写的:

"Thanks for your email - your Case Number is ..."

“感谢您的邮件--您的处理编号是……”

That's outrageous. I said, "Dan?"

这真是让我哭笑不得。我说:“Dan,在吗?”

And I got -- and I was just like, this is ... -- and I, I .... And I said, "Danny?"

然后我收到的还是……这……让我……我说:“Danny,你在吗?!”

And I thought, this is terrible. All I'm doing is collecting case numbers. I said, "D-Dog?"

我觉得,这太糟糕了。我一直在收到这些处理编号。我说:“是电子狗吗?”

"The store is now open."

“超市现在开张了。”

I said, "But Dan, they must have wondered why there was no bouncy castle."

我说:“但是Dan,大家都会想为什么没有充气城堡吧。”

And then we were back to this.

然后又变成了处理邮件。

And that might have been the end of the story, but I remembered that anything -- everything

故事应该在此就结束了。但是我突然发觉,任何事--每件事

even something as mundane as getting out of a car, can be fun if you find the right game.

甚至于一些日常小事儿,如下车,只要掌握了正确的玩法,都能变得有趣。

So, this is what I replied:

所以,我就回复到:

Thanks for your email - your Case Number is #0000001.

感谢您的邮件—— 您的处理编号是#0000001。

And we just, uh ...

然后我们就……

It was like we were dancing. It was just a beautiful relationship. We just kept going. It was lovely.

这就像我们在翩翩起舞。就像我们是完美的关系。我们就这样进行下去。太和谐了。

But to be honest, guys, it was quite labor-intensive, and I had other stuff to do, believe it or not.

但是老实说,伙计们,这挺费功夫的,我还有别的事情要忙,不论你信不信。

很多你不记得的东西是很搞笑的。前几天我去看我老妈,她告诉我了这样一个故事,我已经完全忘了,我们曾经一起开车出去,她要停车,当她从车里出来,围着车绕了一圈,然后准备让我也下车,我那时已经下了车,并且假装已经死了。