TED演讲:飞向海洋(4)

And then by moving through the water it's able to take that control.

通过在水中的运动,它能够控制自如。

Now, look at that; look, it's she just blew me away.

现在,看,看—她刚刚把我刮走了。

She just rolled right away from underneath.

她刚刚从下面翻了个跟斗,

Really that's the only real dive I've ever made in this machine.

这是我在这台机器里唯一一次真正的下潜。

It took 10 years to build.

它花了10年时间建成。

But this lady here taught me, hah, taught me so much.

但这位女士教了我,教了我太多东西。

We just learned so much in three hours in the water there.

我们在水里才三个小时就学到了这么多。

I just had to go and build another machine.

我需要再去建造一架机器。

But look here. Instead of blowing tanks and coming up slowly without thinking about it,it's a little bit of back pressure,and that sub just comes straight back up out of the water.

但看这里,没有液体舱,不用考虑上升有多么缓慢。背部有些许压力,潜水器直接可以往后退来到水面。

This is an internal Sony camera. Thank you, Sony.

这是一个内置的索尼摄像机。感谢索尼。

I don't really look that ugly,but the camera is so close that it's just distorted.

我并没有里面看起来那么丑,但摄像机太近了,有点变形。

Now, there she goes, right overhead.

看,她就在那,在头顶上。

This is a wide-angle camera.

这是个广角摄像机。

She's just a few inches off the top of my head.

她就在我头上几英寸的地方。

Aah, ha, oh, he just crossed over the top of my head about, oh, I don't know, just so close.

啊哈,噢,他刚刚从我的头上掠过,噢,我不知道,太近了。

I come back up, not for air.

我往上开了一点,不是为了补充空气。

"This is an incredible encounter with a manta. I'm speechless.

这次零距离接触鲾鲼真是令人难以置信。我激动得不知怎么说了。

We've been just feet apart. I'm going back down now.

我们的距离就1英尺。我现在要再下去。

Okay, can we cut that? Lights back up please.

好的,可以停了吗?请打开灯。

Trying to fly and keep up with that animal it wasn't the lack of maneuverability that we had.

想要飞行并跟上那只动物并不容易,并非我们缺少机动性,

It was the fact she was going so slow.

而是她实在游得太慢了。

I actually designed that to move faster through the water because I thought that was the thing that we needed to do: to move fast and get range.

实际上我的设计就是要在水中更快地活动,因为我的想法就是我们需要飞得快,飞得远。

But after that encounter I really did want to go back with that animal and dance.

但那次遭遇之后,我真想再回去跟她一起舞蹈,

She wanted to dance.

她想要跳舞。

And so what we needed to do was increase the wing area so that we just had more grip, develop higher forces.

我们要做的就是增加翅膀的面积这样才能更好地控制,动力更强。

So the sub that was outside last year-this is the one.

去年这架潜水器就制造出来了,就是这个。

视频简介:

课程简介:让我们登上格雷汉姆·霍克斯那优雅的、长着翅膀的潜水艇,随他一起到“海洋行星”(也就是“地球”)的深处去。对我们这些旱鸭子来说,立体游览这个蓝色深海世界的机会是极其罕有的。


NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

微信:0012133598196

TED演讲:飞向海洋(4)-SD冠军锦标赛

详情查看:NSDA(全美演讲与辩论联盟)赛事活动诚招全国各城市合作伙伴