米歇尔·奥巴马2015欧柏林学院毕业演讲(10)

And I know that these days, that can seem counterintuitive, because we live in such an instantaneous age.

我明白现在这看起来有悖于我们的本意,因为我们生活在一个瞬息万变的时代。

We want everything right away — whether it’s an Uber or your favorite TV show

我们希望立刻生效,不管是优步还是你最喜欢的电视节目,

and we want it tailored to our exact preferences and beliefs.

我们希望它为我们喜好和信念量身定制。

We fill our Twitter feed with voices that confirm, rather than challenge, our views.

我们在推特上订阅和我们观点一致的声音,而不是挑战我们的观点。

If we dislike someone’s Facebook post, we just un-follow them, we un-friend them.

如果我们不喜欢某人的脸书帖子,我们就取消关注,取消好友。

And even here at Oberlin, most of the time you’re probably surrounded by folks who share your beliefs.

甚至在欧柏林学院,大多数时间你身边的人可能都是和你信念一致。

But out in the real world, there are plenty of people who think very differently than you do,

但是在外面真实的世界,有大量的人和你想得不一样,

and they hold their opinions just as passionately.

他们也热情地持有自己的观点。

So if you want to change their minds,

所以,如果你希望改变他们的想法,

if you want to work with them to move this country forward, you can’t just shut them out.

如果你希望与他们合作推动这个国家,你不能只是将他们拒之门外。

You have to persuade them, and you have to compromise with them.

你需要说服他们,和他们进行妥协。

That is what so many of our heroes of history have done.

这也是许多的历史英雄所做的。

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据