睡前读首诗 (25)《警告》:愿我不会优雅地老去

When I am an old woman I shall wear purple,

当我变成一个老奶奶,我就一身紫衣装扮,

With a red hat which doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.

配一顶红帽子;管它风格不搭,颜色艳不艳。

And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves,

养老金呢,都花了买白兰地和夏季手套,

And satin sandals, and say we've no money for butter.

以及缎子凉鞋;然后说,现在连买黄油的钱都没了。

I shall sit down on the pavement when I'm tired,

累了,我就在马路牙子上坐一会,

And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells.

商店里有什么免费我统统都给收了;没事就按按警报解个闷。

And run my stick along the public railings,

我要把拐杖在围栏上划得叮当乱响,

And make up for the sobriety of my youth.

报复一下青春年少时不敢做不敢当。

I shall go out in my slippers in the rain,

下雨了,我就趿拉着拖鞋出去散步,

And pick flowers in other people's gardens

偷偷摘邻居几朵花,谁让他们院子里花团锦簇

and learn to spit.

有痰呢,我就吐。

You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat,

什么难看我穿什么,长几斤肉又算什么,

And eat three pounds of sausages at a go,

饿了我就一口气吞三斤香肠,

Or only bread and pickle for a week,

要么呢,我就一整个礼拜,天天面包就泡菜,

And hoard pens and pencils and beermats and things in boxes.

我爱好收藏;看到谁的钢笔、铅笔、啤酒垫子什么的好看都往我的小盒子里装。

But now we must have clothes that keep us dry,

可是,现在我们还得是正襟危坐端着,

And pay our rent and not swear in the street,

不拖房租,不骂人家爹娘,

And set a good example for the children.

给孩子们竖立一个好榜样。

We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.

我们时不时请朋友聚个餐;没事就拿着报纸翻一翻。

But maybe I ought to practice a little now?

又突然想到,我是不是现在就应该上手练一练?

So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised,

免得我一下子老了,突然摇身一变,从此紫衣紫裤,

When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.

会不会吓得他们浑身冒冷汗。

NSDA认证项目/全国英语演讲大赛/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn
微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据