莎士比亚十四行诗全集:第51篇

Thus can my love excuse the slow offence

我既然是离你他往,

Of my dull bearer when from thee I speed:

又何须行色仓皇?

From where thou art why should I haste me thence?

不是回头路,更何须马不收缰。

Till I return, of posting is no need.

爱呵,我的坐骑的鲁钝原不是大罪,

O, what excuse will my poor beast then find,

除非是归程,纵电疾如火也不算匆忙。

When swift extremity can seem but slow?

可怜的马儿啊,那时才罪重当诛。

Then should I spur, though mounted on the wind;

我当快马加鞭、电掣般腾达飞黄;

In winged speed no motion shall I know:

虽展翅凌空亦却不觉其迅,那时节,

Then can no horse with my desire keep pace;

没一匹马儿可与我如炽的欲火争强。

Therefore desire of perfect’st love being made,

呵,这集爱大成的欲望绝非一团死肉,

Shall neigh–no dull flesh–in his fiery race;

自当引颈长啸于火焰般的飞扬。

But love, for love, thus shall excuse my jade;

然而,一报还一报,原谅我这玉骢的鲁钝吧

Since from thee going he went wilful-slow,

既然它抽身离你时有意磨磨蹭蹭,

Towards thee I’ll run, and give him leave to go.

我要正面扑向你,让它由着性儿狂奔。

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据