TED演讲之性别无限:为什么女性领导那么少?(2)
Now, at the outset, I want to be very clear
现在首先,我想澄清
that this speech comes with no judgments.
这个演讲不带有任何评判。
I don't have the right answer.
我也没有正确的答案;
I don't even have it for myself.
甚至就我而言,我也没有完全的答案。
I left San Francisco, where I live, on Monday,
在周一,我离开我生活的加利福尼亚,
and I was getting on the plane for this conference.
我坐上飞机赶赴这会议。
And my daughter, who's three, when I dropped her off at preschool,
当我送我三岁的女儿到幼儿园时,
did that whole hugging-the-leg,
她紧紧抱进我的腿,
crying, "Mommy, don't get on the plane" thing.
哭喊着,“妈咪,不要上飞机”之类的话。
This is hard. I feel guilty sometimes.
这很难受。有时我感到内疚。
I know no women,
我知道
whether they're at home or whether they're in the workforce,
无论是家庭主妇,还是职业女性,
who don't feel that sometimes.
有时她们都会感同身受。
So I'm not saying that staying in the workforce
所以我不会说对所有人来说,呆在职场
is the right thing for everyone.
是件正确的事。
My talk today is about what the messages are
今天我的演讲是要讲
if you do want to stay in the workforce,
如果你真正想呆在职场。
and I think there are three.
我想有3条建议。
One, sit at the table.
一,坐在桌旁。
Two, make your partner a real partner.
二,让你的伴侣成为一个真正的合作伙伴。
And three, don't leave before you leave.
三,在你离开前别放弃。
Number one: sit at the table.
第一,坐在桌旁。
Just a couple weeks ago at Facebook,
仅仅几周前在脸谱,
we hosted a very senior government official,
我们主持一个非常高级行政官员会议,
and he came in to meet with senior execs
他(马克·扎克伯格)与来自硅谷周围的高级行政官员
from around Silicon Valley.
一一见面。
And everyone kind of sat at the table.
每个人都坐在桌边。
And then he had these two women who were traveling with him
然后携同他的2个女性
who were pretty senior in his department,
在他部门中她们也占非常高的职位。
and I kind of said to them, "Sit at the table. Come on, sit at the table,"
我对她们说,“坐在桌边。来吧,坐在桌边。”
and they sat on the side of the room.
她们坐在了屋子的一边。
When I was in college my senior year,
我在大四时,
I took a course called European Intellectual History.
我选修一节欧洲思想史的课程。
Don't you love that kind of thing from college?
你们喜爱大学的这类课程嘛。
I wish I could do that now.
我希望我现在能做到。
And I took it with my roommate, Carrie,
我和我室友卡丽一起学习,
who was then a brilliant literary student —
她那时是一个才华横溢的文学学生
and went on to be a brilliant literary scholar —
成为了一个杰出的文学家
and my brother —
我的弟弟
smart guy, but a water-polo-playing pre-med,
一个聪明的小伙子,但他爱打水球,他上医学预科
who was a sophomore.
大二。
The three of us take this class together.
我们三人一起选修这课。
And then Carrie reads all the books
然后卡丽读了
in the original Greek and Latin,
所有希腊文和拉丁文的原版书籍–
goes to all the lectures.
去了所有的课–
I read all the books in English
我读了所有英语的书
and go to most of the lectures.
上了大多数的课。
My brother is kind of busy.
我弟弟有点忙;
He reads one book of 12
他读了12本书中的一本
and goes to a couple of lectures,
去上了几节课,
marches himself up to our room
在考试前几天他来到我们房间
a couple days before the exam to get himself tutored.
自己辅导了一下。
The three of us go to the exam together, and we sit down.
我们三个一起去考试了,我们坐下来。
And we sit there for three hours —
我们考了有3个小时
and our little blue notebooks — yes, I'm that old.
我们的小蓝笔记本,是的。
And we walk out, and we look at each other, and we say, "How did you do?"
我们走出来,对视对方,我们说,“你考得怎样?”
And Carrie says, "Boy, I feel like I didn't really draw out the main point
卡丽说,“伙计,我感到我真没有答对
on the Hegelian dialectic."
有关黑格尔辩证法的主要命题。”
And I say, "God, I really wish I had really connected
我说,“上帝啊,我真希望我考试时能想到
John Locke's theory of property with the philosophers who follow."
学习过的洛克的产权理论等哲学家。”
And my brother says,
我弟弟却说,
"I got the top grade in the class."
“我会是班里考得最好的。”
"You got the top grade in the class?
“你会是班里考得最好的?
You don't know anything."
你啥都不知道。”
The problem with these stories
这种故事的问题
is that they show what the data shows:
出在数据所表明的事实:
women systematically underestimate their own abilities.
女性被系统化地低估了她们自身的能力。
演讲简介:
Facebook首席运营官谢乐尔·桑德伯格看到为什么女性在职业高管比例中要比男性所占比例小,她讲了让女性直至总裁级高管的3个强有力的建议。
NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。
我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。
微信:0012133598196