TED演讲之性别无限:为什么女性领导那么少?

So for any of us in this room today,

今天在座的各位,

let's start out by admitting we're lucky.

我们先承认我们是幸运的。

We don't live in the world

我们没有生活在

our mothers lived in, our grandmothers lived in,

我们母亲和我们祖母生活过的那个世界,

where career choices for women were so limited.

在那时女性的职业选择是非常有限的。

And if you're in this room today,

今天在座的各位,

most of us grew up in a world

大多数人成长于一个

where we had basic civil rights,

女性有基本公民权的世界。

and amazingly, we still live in a world

令人惊讶地是,我们还生活在一个

where some women don't have them.

有些女性还没有这些权利的世界。

But all that aside, we still have a problem,

但除上所述,我们还有一个问题,

and it's a real problem.

它是一个实际问题。

And the problem is this:

这问题是:

Women are not making it

在世界各地,女性没达到

to the top of any profession

任何职业

anywhere in the world.

的高管职位。

The numbers tell the story quite clearly.

这些数据很清楚地告诉我们这实情。

190 heads of state —

190个国家元首里,

nine are women.

九位是女性领导。

Of all the people in parliament in the world,

在世界上议会的总人数中,

13 percent are women.

13%是女性议员。

In the corporate sector,

在公司部门,

women at the top,

女性占据高位,

C-level jobs, board seats —

C级职位,董事会席位

tops out at 15, 16 percent.

高管职位比例占15%,16%。

The numbers have not moved since 2002

自从2002年起这数据没变化过

and are going in the wrong direction.

有下降趋势。

And even in the non-profit world,

即使在非营利的行业,

a world we sometimes think of

我们有时认为这一行业

as being led by more women,

是被更多女性所领导的,

women at the top: 20 percent.

女性领导人占20%。

We also have another problem,

我们还面临着另一个问题,

which is that women face harder choices

就是女性

between professional success and personal fulfillment.

在职业成功和个人价值实现中所面临的艰难选择。

A recent study in the U.S.

美国最近一个研究

showed that, of married senior managers,

表明,已婚高管人员,

two-thirds of the married men had children

三分之二的已婚男性高管人员有孩子

and only one-third of the married women had children.

只有三分之一的已婚女性高管人员有孩子。

A couple of years ago, I was in New York,

几年前,我在纽约,

and I was pitching a deal,

出席一个协议,

and I was in one of those fancy New York private equity offices

在那种别致的纽约私募投资办事处中的一个

you can picture.

你能想象到的。

And I'm in the meeting — it's about a three-hour meeting —

我在这个大约有3小时的会议上,

and two hours in, there kind of needs to be that bio break,

过了2小时,有个间歇休息,

and everyone stands up,

所有人都站起来,

and the partner running the meeting

这会议组织者

starts looking really embarrassed.

开始显得的确很尴尬。

And I realized he doesn't know

我意识到他不知道

where the women's room is in his office.

在他办公室哪里是女洗手间。

So I start looking around for moving boxes,

所以我开始寻找移动厕所,

figuring they just moved in, but I don't see any.

盘算他们刚搬进来,但我没有看到任何移动厕所。

And so I said, "Did you just move into this office?"

然后我说,“你是刚搬到这办公室吗?”

And he said, "No, we've been here about a year."

他说,“不是,我们在这儿已经有一年了。”

And I said, "Are you telling me

我说,“你能否告诉我

that I am the only woman

这一年来,

to have pitched a deal in this office in a year?"

我是唯一一个来这间办公室的女性吗?”

And he looked at me, and he said,

他看着我,说到,

"Yeah. Or maybe you're the only one who had to go to the bathroom."

“是的。或者说你可能是唯一一个要上女性洗手间。”

So the question is,

所以问题是,

how are we going to fix this?

我们该怎样解决这样的尴尬?

How do we change these numbers at the top?

我们怎样改变这些高管职位的比例?

How do we make this different?

我们怎样使这个变得不同?

I want to start out by saying,

我首先想说,

I talk about this —

我谈这个

about keeping women in the workforce —

女性就职

because I really think that's the answer.

因为我的确认为我们得找到答案。

In the high-income part of our workforce,

在我们劳动力的高收入的部分,

in the people who end up at the top —

在高管的人员中

Fortune 500 CEO jobs,

财富500强首席执行长官中,

or the equivalent in other industries —

或在其它类似的高管行业中,

the problem, I am convinced,

我确信,问题

is that women are dropping out.

是女性被排除在外。

Now people talk about this a lot,

当下人们对此谈了很多,

and they talk about things like flextime and mentoring

他们谈到像弹性时间和指导

and programs companies should have to train women.

和公司应该培训妇女的计划的事。

I want to talk about none of that today,

今天我不想谈这些

even though that's all really important.

尽管所有这些事都非常重要。

Today I want to focus on what we can do as individuals.

今天我想关注作为个人我们所能做到的事。

What are the messages we need to tell ourselves?

我们要告诉给自己的事是什么?

What are the messages we tell the women who work with and for us?

我们告诉给女同事和打工的女性的事是什么?

What are the messages we tell our daughters?

我们要告诉给我们女儿的事是什么?

演讲简介

Facebook首席运营官谢乐尔·桑德伯格看到为什么女性在职业高管比例中要比男性所占比例小,她讲了让女性直至总裁级高管的3个强有力的建议。


NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

微信:0012133598196

详情查看:NSDA(全美演讲与辩论联盟)赛事活动诚招全国各城市合作伙伴

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据