美文阅读 (343)爱上一个人的三个理由

3 Reasons for True Love

爱上一个人的三个理由

Surely, true love requires more than 3 reasons you may be thinking. I must be oversimplifying things.

当然,你可能会想,真正爱情的理由不止3个,我肯定把事情过于简单化了。

Maybe I’ve never really been in love and I have no idea what I’m talking about, or perhaps I’m just a lunatic.

或者你觉得我从没有爱过,所以对于这些一无所知,或者我就是个疯子。

Well, you’re certainly entitled to your opinion, but please hear me out before you jump to conclusions.

是的,你可以这么想,但是,在你得出结论前,请听我说。

1.The first reason to love someone is because of who they are.

1.爱上某人的第一个原因是他是某种人

Of the three reasons, this one is probably the most obvious.

三个原因中,这一个可能是最明显的了。

We are naturally drawn to those who possess qualities that are important to us.

有些人拥有某些对我们来说很重要的品质,我们自然就倾向于他。

Physical appearance, money, and lifestyle might be important factors for many.

对于许多人来说,外表、金钱和生活方式可能是比较重要的因素。

Others may place a higher value on thoughtfulness, affection, or intelligence.

另外一些人更看重思想、感情或者才智。

2.The second reason to love someone is because of who they are not.

2.爱上某人的第二个原因是因为他们不是某种人

We’ve all been in situations where those around us have prominently exhibited some fairly distinct personality flaws from time to time.

我们都处在这样一种境遇中,我们周围的一些人总在非常明显的暴露他们独特的人格缺陷。

Who hasn’t at some point elbowed their significant other to say, “I’m so glad you’re not like THAT!”

那些在任何时刻都认为自己很重要的人会说:我真高兴你不是那样的人。

Some of the more common traits in this category might be unfaithfulness, freeloading, or lack of personal hygiene.

这类人的普遍特征就是他们不真诚,爱占小便宜,或者不讲卫生。

3.The third reason to love someone is despite who they are.

3.爱上某人的第三个原因是不管他们是怎样的人

No one is perfect.

人无完人。

If it doesn’t bother you that your girlfriend clips her toenails in the kitchen while cooking dinner,

如果你不介意你的女朋友一边在厨房里做饭,一边剪指甲,

you might be a redneck or you might be in love — perhaps both.

你不是乡巴佬就是爱上了她,亦或两者都是。

Is it acceptable to be seen with a boyfriend who actually goes out in public wearing jeans and Nikes with argyle socks?

你是否介意和穿着牛仔裤耐克鞋配菱形花纹袜子的男友一起出现在公共场合?

Bottom line is, of all the things that are annoying about someone,

底线就是,这个人身上所有令人厌恶的东西中,

which ones are acceptable, which ones are deal-breakers, and which ones can be negotiated or changed?

哪些是可以接受的,哪些是不能接受的,哪些是可以忽略的或者可以改变的?

If all this seems too confusing or analytical, just remember that there are only three reasons to love someone.

如果这些看起来太困惑或是太理论化,请记住爱上某人只有3种原因。

With that in mind, I need to go buy some new socks.

记住了那些,我需要加倍努力了。

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据