常春藤名家散文精选 (3)我们正在起跑点

Unit3 We're Just Beginning

第三课 我们正在起跑点

"We are reading the first verse of the first chapter of a book whose pages are infinite…"

“我们正在阅读一本页数无限的书的第一章第一节……”

I do not know who wrote these words, but I have always liked them as a reminder that the future can be anything we want to make it.

我不知道这段文字是谁写的,但我一直很喜欢用这段文字来提醒自己,那就是“未来在我之手”。

We can take the mysterious, hazy future and carve out of it anything that we can imagine, just as a sculptor carves a statue from a shapeless stone.

我们可以掌握神秘而不可知的将来,从中开创出我们所能想像的任何东西,一如雕刻家可将未成形的石头刻出雕像一样。

We are all in the position of the farmer.

我们个个都像是农夫。

If we we plant a good seed, we reap a good harvest.

我们若种下好种子,就会有丰收。

If our seed is poor and full of weeds, we reap a useless crop.

假若种子不良且长满杂草,我们就会徒劳无获。

If we plant nothing at all, we harvest nothing at all.

如果我们什么也不种,就根本不会有任何收获。

I want the future to be better than the past.

我希望将来要比过去更好。

I don't want it contaminated by the mistakes and errors with which history is filled.

我不希望将来被那些充斥在历史中的错误所污染。

We should all be concerned about the future because that is where we will spend the remainder of our lives.

我们都应关心将来,因为往后的余生都要在将来中度过。

The past is gone and static.

往昔已一去不复返,沉静无声。

Nothing we can do will change it.

任凭我们怎么努力都不能改变过去。

The future is before us and dynamic.

将来就在我们眼前而且是动态的。

Everything we do will affect it.

我们的所作所为都会影响将来。

Each day brings with it new frontiers,in our homes and in our businesses, if we will only recognize them.

只要我们体会得出来,每天都可发现新的知识领域伴随而生,可能是在家里,也可能是在我们的事业中。

We are just at the beginning of the progress in every field of human endeavor.

我们正处在人类所努力钻研的每个领域中进步的起跑点。

NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

NSDA认证项目SDcamps全国英语演讲大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招部分省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA赛事。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。
具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn

微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据