美文故事之找谁倚靠 (7)你一定很幸运 You sure are lucky
WordPress数据库错误: [Got error 28 from storage engine]
SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS wp_posts.*, yarpp.score
FROM wp_posts join wp_yarpp_related_cache as yarpp on wp_posts.ID = yarpp.ID
WHERE 1=1 AND yarpp.score >= 1 and yarpp.reference_ID = 93735 AND wp_posts.post_type = 'post'
ORDER BY score DESC, wp_posts.ID ASC
limit 10
You sure are lucky
你一定很幸运
It was a hot, muggy August afternoon, and I had every reason to feel sorry for myself.
那是一个潮湿闷热的下午,我完全有理由为自己掬一把同情之泪。
A comedy of hassles began with the normal airport security gauntlet, followed by a random drug test, and a missed flight home due to a number of mechanical, weather and late inbound flight problems.
一系列麻烦事从机场的常规安检开始,接着是毒品抽检,再加上机械故障、恶劣天气和入港延迟等诸多问题令我错过了班机。
Now my flight home was full and late.
现在我的回程航班不但晚点了,还人满为患。
During the usual pandemonium at the gate, I noticed a 5-year-old boy standing by his mother and watching me.
我发现一个五岁小男孩站在他母亲身边看着我。
He looked at me, then my bag, then back at me.
他开始小心翼翼地向我走来。
Cautiously, he left his mother’s side and slowly began to walk toward me, glancing between my bag, his mother and me.
视线在我,我的包和他妈妈之间游移。
Great, I thought, now I have to babysit a 5-year-old. My day is now complete.
好极了,我想。我还得照看一个五岁小孩。这一天算是全完了。
As he came closer, I was both relieved and alarmed that it wasn’t me he was after.
等他来到身边时,我先是松了口气,接着有点不安,因为他并不是冲着我来的。
It was my hat!
是我的帽子!
I started to tell him not to bother my things, but something made me stop and watch.
我想告诉他别动我的东西,可是不知为何却没有说出口,只是看着他。
He stopped in front of my bag, looking at my hat, then up at me.
他听在我的行李前,看看我的帽子,然后仰起脸来看着我。
With wide eyes, he gently touched the bill of my hat, running his index finger slowly along the edge, carefully touching the emblem.
他睁大了眼睛,轻轻地碰了碰我的帽舌,又小心地摸了摸上面的徽标。
Again, he looked up at me, now smiling, but saying nothing.
他又一次抬头看我,微笑着,却一言不发。
I asked him if he would like to wear my captain hat.
我问他想不想戴一下我的船长帽,
He excitedly nodded his head, still smiling.
他兴奋不已地点了点头。
I placed my hat on his head, but it fell down around his ears.He didn’t seem to mind and held it up in the proper position with both hands.He ran to show his mother, then back to me still smiling from ear to ear.
他戴上我的帽子,跑去给他母亲看,然后回到我面前,乐得合不拢嘴。
With much reverence and ceremony, he slowly removed my hat with both hands and presented it to me as though it were the crown jewels.
他恭敬有礼地用双手慢慢摘下帽子,好像是捧着镶嵌着珠宝的王冠似的,把帽子还给我。
I put my hat on and gave him an airplane card.
我戴上帽子,给了他一张飞机卡。
This, too, he held with both hands in awe.
他充满敬畏地用双手捧着它。
After this exchange, he still hadn’t spoken, although I knew he was excited.
这个交换过程,他始终未发一言,不过我知道他肯定很兴奋。
I also was happy that I had been briefly distracted from my self-pity fest.
令人高兴的是,这件事把我的注意力从自怨自艾中暂时抽离了出来。
Still holding the card carefully with both hands, he looked up at me and said, Mister, you sure are lucky.
他抬起头来看着我说:先生,您真幸运。
Yes, I said, I sure am.
是的,我说,我确实很幸运。
I contemplated the wisdom of a 5-year-old, as I got the last seat on that flight home.
我坐在回程班机的最后一个座位上,一个五岁男孩的睿智让我思绪万千。
1.begin with 以…开始, 从…开始
Mr mufuruki was not expecting much to begin with.
开始,米夫鲁基并没有寄予太多希望。
Let me begin with human brutalities towards those wild animals.
我首先要讲的是人类对野生动物的凶残行径。
2.due to 由于;因为
Much of the shift is due to economic growth.
这种变化的大部分都是由于经济的增长。
Police say it’s due to better policing.
警察说这是因为加强了治安。
3.babysit 临时受雇代外出的父母照料小孩
I promised to babysit for Mrs Plunkett.
我答应给普伦基特夫人临时照看孩子。
My friend asked me to babysit for her six-month-old son.
我朋友请我临时看顾她6个月大的儿子。
4.be after 追赶,寻找
There is no telling what she will be after she grows up.
说不准她长大后会干什么。
The finish date must be after the start date.
完成日期必须在开始日期之后。
5.fall down 倒塌,跌倒;失败
The house might fall down in a few months.
几个月内这所房屋也许会倒塌。
With the development of lithium-ion batteries and fuel cell for ev, the position of ni-mh batteries for ev will fall down.
随着电动车用锂离子蓄电池和燃料电池的发展,金属氢化物镍电池在电动车中的地位将下降。