英文欣赏之人生感悟 (6)竹的启示

The Bamboo Trees

竹的启示

One of my fondest memories as a child is going by the river and sitting idly on the bank.

孩提时最美好的回忆就是河边的堤岸上闲坐。

There I would enjoy the peace and quiet,

在那里我可以享受闲适和宁静,

watch the water rush downstream,

看河水奔流而下,

and listen to the chirps of birds,

听鸟儿啁啾,

and the rustling of leaves in the trees.

而鸣树叶沙沙作响。

I would also watch the bamboo trees bend under pressure from the wind and watch them return gracefully to their upright or original position after the wind had died down.

我看到竹子在风的压力下弯曲风过后再优雅地或复原或笔挺。

When I think about the bamboo tree's ability to bounce back or return to its original position,

每当我想到竹子这种弹回去或者说恢复原状的本领时,

the word resilience comes to mind.

韧性一词便会在脑海中浮现。

When used in reference to a person this word means the ability to readily recover from shock, depression or any other situation that stretches the limits of a person's emotions.

当这个词用于描述人时,指的是从惊吓,沮丧及其他任何触及某人情感极限的状态下从容的恢复过来的能力。

Have you ever felt like you are about to snap?

你是否曾觉得自己快要垮掉?

Have you ever felt like you are at your breaking point?

你是否曾感觉自己即将崩溃?

Thankfully, you have survived the experience to live to talk about it.

令人欣慰的是你已经挺过来了。是生活得以继续让你能够在此谈论过往的经历。

During the experience you probably felt a mix of emotions that threatened your health.

在那样的经历中你或许体会到了某些威胁健康的复杂情绪。

You felt emotionally drained, mentally exhausted and you most likely endured unpleasant physical symptoms.

你会感到情绪上萎靡不振,心力交瘁并且很可能还要受到各种讨厌的身体症状的折磨。

Life is a mixture of good times and bad times,

人生是一个五味瓶,

happy moments and unhappy moments.

既有顺境也有逆境既有快乐也有悲伤。

The next time you are experiencing one of those bad times or unhappy moments that take you close to your breaking point,

下一次当你遭遇逆境感受悲伤几乎要被它们推到崩溃的边缘时,

bend but don't break.

你应曲而不折。

Try your best not to let the situation get the best of you.

尽你所能不被现状击败。

A measure of hope will take you through the unpleasant ordeal.

心怀希望将会帮你渡过难关。

With hope for a better tomorrow or a better situation,

心怀希望迎接一个更美好的明天或者更好的状况时,

things may not be as bad as they seem to be.

事情或许就没有看上去的那么糟糕。

The unpleasant ordeal may be easier to deal with if the end result is worth having.

如果结局值得拥有你将会更容易战胜那些不愉快的考验。

If the going gets tough and you are at your breaking point,

假如你正面对困难处在崩溃的边缘,

show resilience.

请表现出你的韧性来

Like the bamboo tree, bend, but don't break.

就像竹子一样,弯曲但不折断。

NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

NSDA认证项目SDcamps全国英语演讲大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招部分省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA赛事。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。
具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn

微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据