英文欣赏:情人的谎言 Lying to a Loved One

Lying to a Loved One

情人的谎言

What are the benefits of lying to a loved one? Whether we like it or not, our relationships are held together, not only by telling the truth, but also by knowing how and when to lie. And if the truth be told, our close relationships could not work without some degree of deception. No one want to hear everything, and telling the right lie at the rigt time is just as important as telling the truth when it comes to love and romance.

欺骗我们爱的人有什么益处吗?不论我们是否喜欢这么做,相爱的人总是要在一起相处。我们知道什么时候说真话或者谎话,也知道说谎的方式。如果说实话,那么我们之间亲密的关系可能没有欺骗。每个人都有不想知道的事,当涉及爱和浪漫,在恰当的时间说善意的谎言和说实话同样重要。

The most painful and hurtful thing you can do to someone usually involves telling the truth. Typically, the best way to hurt someone is by being completely honest—tell a romantic partner something that he or she does not want to hear. For instance, would any one want to hear the following:

爱人间,最令人不快和最具杀伤力的事情常和说真话有关系。典型的伤害别人的最好方式是完全说实话——告诉你的另一半他或者她不愿意听到的事。比如,没有谁愿意听到这些:

You are not as attractive as you used to be.

你已经不如从前那样有吸引力了。

I sometimes think about someone else during sex.

做爱的时候我在想别人。

I sometimes wonder if we should be together.

有时候我在想我们是不是应该在一起。

I have a crush on one of our friends.

我迷恋上了我们都认识的一个朋友。

And we are happier and feel close to our romantic partners when we do not have to acknowledge such painful, hurtful truths. In fact, we like it when our partners hide unpleasant facts from us. As long as we are not aware that partners are hiding things, ignorance can be blissful.

我们可以不用坦诚这些会让人不快,会伤害到对方的事实,这样我们会感到更幸福,彼此更加亲密。事实上,我们喜欢隐瞒彼此间那些不愉快的经历。只要不去在意对方这么做,我们就能收获喜悦和幸福。

On the other hand, when we really want to hurt someone we often say what we really think. Anyone who has been involved in a divorce knows first-hand how damaging the truth can be. When people are no longer concerned about keeping a relationship intact, the truth comes out fast and furious and it stings.

相反地,如果真的想要伤害对方,我们经常会说出自己的心里话。那些离过婚的人非常清楚说什么能够打击和伤害到对方。当人们不再想保持完好无损的关系时,真相就会喷涌而出,伤害双方之间的感情。

While telling the truth in a romantic relationship can often lead to a lot of hurt, pain, and suffering, deception is not a luxury; it is an absolute necessity. Deception serves as a "social lubricant," which safely separates romantic partners and their negative thoughts.

爱人间相处说实话常会导致大量的伤害、痛苦和苦楚,而欺骗也并不是奢侈品,它是绝对必要的。欺骗是一个“社交润滑剂”,安全地将伴侣和他们的消极想法隔离开。

Deception is often useful when romantic partners ask:

回答伴侣问题时,善意谎言很有用:

What are you thinking about?

你在想什么呢?

Where were you?

你当时在哪儿?

Who were you with?

你当时是和谁在一起?

Is the new hair attractive?

新发型好看吗?

Did you miss me?

你想我吗?

Do you love me?

你爱我吗?

Why are you so quiet?

为什么你那么安静?

Is there anything wrong?

有什么不对的地方吗?

1. when it comes to 当提到;就……而论

eg. When it comes to diet and exercise, we know what to do, but we don't do what we know.

当提到饮食和运动的时候,我们都知道怎么去做,但是我们不会按照我们知道的去做。

eg. Yet the majority of these employees have no voice, especially when it comes to their own safety.

然而,这些雇佣员工大多数没有发言权,特别是当涉及到自己的安全时。

2. have a crush on 迷恋……

eg. What makes you think he might have a crush on me?

什么使你认为他可能迷恋于我呢?

eg. It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone and a day to love someone—but it takes a lifetime to forget someone.

一见钟情只要一分钟,喜欢上一个人只要一个小时,爱上一个人只要一天,但要一辈子才能忘记一个人。

3. be involved in 包括……中,被卷入……中;涉及到……

eg. An element of learning should be involved in the process.

这个过程中应该包括一些学习的要素。

NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

NSDA认证项目SDcamps全国英语演讲大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招部分省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA赛事。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。
具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn

微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据