TED演讲之游戏的力量:拇指游戏
Today I am going to teach you how to play my favorite game:
今天我要教你们怎么玩我最爱的游戏:
massively multiplayer thumb-wrestling.
超级多人拇指摔跤
It's the only game in the world that I know of
这是我所知的唯一一个
that allows you, the player,
可以让你,也就是玩家
the opportunity to experience 10 positive emotions in 60 seconds or less.
得以在六十秒内体验十种正面心情的游戏
This is true, so if you play this game with me today
这是真的,因此如果你今天和我玩这个游戏
for just one single minute,
只需要一分钟
you will get to feel joy, relief, love, surprise,
你将会感受到喜悦、解脱、爱、惊喜
pride, curiosity, excitement, awe and wonder, contentment, and creativity,
骄傲、好奇、兴奋、敬畏与惊奇、满足,以及创造力
all in the span of one minute.
这都将在一分钟内发生
So this sounds pretty good, right? Now you're willing to play.
听起来很不错吧?你现在会愿意玩这个游戏了
In order to teach you this game,
为了教你们这个游戏
I'm going to need some volunteers to come up onstage really quickly,
我需要一些自愿者很快地到台上来
and we're going to do a little hands-on demo.
然后我们将会亲身示范
While they're coming up, I should let you know,
在等他们上来的同时,我该让你们知道
this game was invented 10 years ago by an artists' collective in Austria named Monochrom.
这个游戏是在十年前,由一位奥地利艺术收藏家Monochrom发明的
So thank you, Monochrom.
谢谢你,Monochrom
Okay, so most people are familiar with traditional, two-person thumb-wrestling.
好的,大部分的人都对传统的两人拇指摔跤很熟悉
Sunni, let's just remind them.
Sunni,我们帮他们复习一下吧
One, two, three, four,I declare a thumb war, and we wrestle,
一,二,三,四,当我说拇指比赛,然后我们就开始
and of course Sunni beats me because she's the best.
当然Sunni会打败我,因为她是最厉害的
Now the first thing about massively multiplayer thumb-wrestling, we're the gamer generation.
玩多人拇指摔跤,(要知道)的第一件事情就是我们身处玩家的世代
There are a billion gamers on the planet now,
现在全世界有十数亿个玩家
so we need more of a challenge.
所以我们面临大挑战
So the first thing we need is more thumbs.
首先,我们需要更多的拇指
So Eric, come on over.
所以,来吧,Eric
So we could get three thumbs together, and Peter could join us.
我们把三个拇指凑在一起,然后Peter可以加入我们
We could even have four thumbs together,
我们甚至可以把四个拇指凑在一起
and the way you win is you're the first person to pin someone else's thumb.
如果你是第一个把别人的拇指按住的人,你就赢了
This is really important.
这很重要
You can't, like, wait while they fight it out and then swoop in at the last minute.
你不能在一旁观战,然后再最终才突然压下来
That is not how you win.
这样子赢了不算
Ah, who did that? Eric you did that.
噢,是谁?是Eric
So Eric would have won. He was the first person to pin my thumb.
这样Eric就赢了,他是第一个把我的拇指压住的
Okay, so that's the first rule,
好,这就是第一条规则
and we can see that three or four is kind of the typical number of thumbs in a node,
三个或四个拇指是在一个节点中常见的拇指数量
but if you feel ambitious,you don't have to hold back.
但是如果你很有野心的话,别憋在心里
We can really go for it.
我们真的可以争取更多
So you can see up here.
你可以看到
Now the only other rule you need to remember is,
你要记住的另外一条规则就是
gamer generation, we like a challenge.
身为玩家世代的一员,我们喜欢挑战
I happen to notice you all have some thumbs you're not using.
让我提醒你们,你们都有一些你现在没在用的拇指
So I think we should kind of get some more involved.
所以我觉得我们应该试点其他的
And if we had just four people,
如果我们只有四个人
we would do it just like this,
我们可以这样做
and we would try and wrestle both thumbs at the same time.
同时用两双拇指摔跤
Perfect.
太好了
Now, if we had more people in the room,
好,如果这房间里有更多人
instead of just wrestling in a closed node,
我们可以往外延伸,让更多人参与我们
we might reach out and try and grab some other people.
而不是只在一个封闭的节点里玩摔跤
And in fact, that's what we're going to do right now.
事实上,这就是我们现在要做的
We're going to try and get all, something like,
我们要试着把这房间里所有的
I don't know, 1,500 thumbs in this room connected in a single node.
我不确定,大概1500个拇指在一个节点里面连接起来
And we have to connect both levels,
我们得连结两层楼
so if you're up there, you're going to be reaching down and reaching up.
所以如果你在楼上的话,你就要同时连接楼上和楼下
演讲简介:
当你让所有听众站起来,每个人手拉手时会发生什么?混乱,是的。至少,当Jane McGonigal试着教TED听众玩她最喜欢的游戏是,就是这样的。接下来,当这个游戏是“大型多人拇指摔跤”时,你预计还会发生什么呢?
NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。
我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。
微信:0012133598196